Thursday 29 November 2012

Shades of Red

I believe every woman will look good in red lips. It only depends on what kind of red suits your skin tone the best. I am a huge fan of red lips, and here I show you my collection of red lipsticks! ( I wanted to include some vampy shades too, but decided not to ).



From left to right :

  • Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple , a sheer red lipstick for day look. It has balmy texture and the color is not too bold so it's really nice if you want a more 'subtle' look.
  • MNY Concrete Rocker #163A , it's also more on the sheer side. The texture is balmy too and feels really comfortable on the lips.It also smells really nice. It leans a bit towards pink once applied .
  • Manhattan Xtreme Last and Shine #54V, a dark almost vampy red lipstick. The texture is creamy and it gives a velvet finish. 
  • MAC Ruby Woo, one of the most famous and most loved red lipstick,I believe. It has matte finish  and the shade is perfect , but I find it too drying for my lips
  • Manhattan Lip Cream #45H, one of my favorite red lipstick in terms of finish and color. Too bad it starts to dry my lips after few hours, and it doesn't last long on my lips.
  • Maybelline Moisture Extreme in Antique Rouge, my first ever red lipstick. The texture is creamy and has sheen finish. The color leans more to orange-red.
  • Rimmel Kate Moss #101, a true blue toned red lipstick. I have love-hate relationship with this one because sometimes I feel it's just a perfect red shade but also sometimes I feel that it is too 'blue toned' for my complexion.
  • Rimmel Kate Moss #111, my recent purchase and I love it SO MUCH. It has matte finish but the texture isn't drying at all. It's not as hard as MAC Ruby Woo so the application is easy. The red shade is also the perfect one for my complexion. The staying power is impressiv, the price is affordable. Love!!!









What is your all time favorite red lipstick?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment