Thursday 31 January 2013

Worth The Hype #2 ?

Hello guys!! Here is part 2 of my 'Worth The Hype?" serie. ( See my 1st part HERE ).
Essence I Love Extreme Volume Mascara is really famous and loved and hyped here in Germany. As some of you might have known, Essence is a drugstore brand with really affordable price. It is a German brand, so it's even cheaper here .




I Love Extreme Mascara comes in a black plastic tube with its name written in a bright hot pink color. I love the packaging and the contrast between black and hot pink.


The wand is HUGE like really HUGE. And huge mascara brush/wand is a big enemy for my super short pathetic barely there lashes. The huge brush makes the application really difficult because I always get mascara on my lids.


BEFORE

AFTER



Despite of the huge brush, this mascara is not a bad mascara. The consistency is a bit wet, which I like. It separates my lashes well and also it elongates my lashes. But I don't see that it gives enough volume to my lashes as the name promises. For a drugstore product, I think it is a really good one, though I still prefer my Benefit They're Real mascara over this one..
Does it worth the hype? I think it depends. I can totally understand why a lot of people love it. I meant, my lashes are basically nothing to start with, and it does make my lashes look longer and curler and visible so I can't really blame this mascara. But in other hand, I also think that this mascara isn't groundbreaking enough and I am sure that there is at least one mascara on the drugstore price segment that is better than this one but doesn't get so much attention.
So to conclude this post, for me, this mascara doesn't really worth the hype.

PS : retails for 2,75€/ 12 ml

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment