Sunday 29 December 2013

BEST OF 2013

I can't believe that 2013 is reaching its end. 2013 is definitely the fastest year ever. Do you think so ?  How was your 2013? 2013 was for me like a year of traveling. I visited a lot of places I had never been before and I did a lot of things I had never done before. I learned to step out of my comfort zone and also learned to be more patient and not being too hard on myself. I'm excited to see what will 2014 bring. But I'll stay optimist and positive :-D

Beauty wise, I tried significantly a lot of products this year so I have a lot of new favorite from this entire year.

SKIN CARE

Laneige Waterbank Essence - I got this in February from Sharlynn , but it took me few months before I started to use it and I've been loving it so far. You can see from the picture how I almost use it up. I like the fact that it is lightweight but still very hydrating. It smells nice and it doesn't break me out. I usually apply it in the morning alone, and at night together with the Josie Maran Argan Oil and Estee Lauder ANR2.

Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair 2 - I received 3 deluxe sample of this serum ( each 7ml sample!) and it took me more than 3 months to use up 2 of the samples. To be honest, I don't think this serum is a magic but it does improve my skin after awhile. Do not expect a direct effect from this serum because I thought this serum was very ordinary until I started to realize my skin was improving little by little and getting less cranky after the first 5-6 weeks. Now this serum is part of my night routine and I still have 1 deluxe sample waiting to be opened so I won't need to purchase the full size soon. 

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil - This argan oil is the highlight of the year in terms of skincare. It is so simple yet so good. I noticed the effect directly the morning after. My skin feels more suple and soft and my redness around the cheeks are not so bad now. It irks  me so bad that this one is only sold in the US.

Ren Eye Gel - I am not really a fan of eye creams in general, I just think face cream is enough. But in order to avoid botox in 10 years ;P, I try my best to apply eye cream every night. This eye cream from REN is my favorite so far. It is cooling and soothing, lightweight and it brightens up my under eye area a little bit I notice. 

MAKE UP

Laura Mercier eu gormande Perfumes - I have almost every scent from the collection because I simply love them so much. They smell yummy but not sickly sweet, and they all last a long time. 

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy - I love everything about it. The packaging, the color, the quality and even the price is very reasonable for what it is. It is so far the best blush formulation I have tried for the price segment. I really wish the brand was easily accessible outside the US.

Clinique Chubby Sticks - No need to write a lot about them. I love them very much, already used up 2 full size this year. 

Bourjois Healthy Mix serum foundation - It is not easy to pick up the best foundation for 2013, but I think this one from Bourjois deserves the title because everything about it is just excellent. The fact that it is reasonable and easily accessible makes it even better. 

Bourjois healthy mix concealer - My favorite concealer ever. It brightens up my under eye area , it doesn't crease, stays on all day, not greasy and it is affordable.  What else do you want?

Benefit Porefessional - I haven't tried a lot of face primer before but this one from Benefit is so good I don't want to try anything else. It really minimizes the appearance of pores, and it provides a flawless canvas before I apply make up. The price is a bit thumbs down, but 1 tube can last me up to 3 months so €32 is not that bad.

IT cosmetics bye bye redness - This is one innovative product. I have redness around my cheeks and sometimes they still peek through foundation so this product comes to the rescue. It cancels out my redness very well and it is now part of my every day make up routine.

MAC Blotting powder - The best finishing powder I have tried so far. period.


So, that's my best of 2013 list. Have you done yours? and what is your highlight from 2013??
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment