Friday 6 December 2013

Prune Nocturne

Bourjois products rarely disappoint me and I always get excited every time they launched new product, this cream eye shadow was no exception.
The british bloggers/vloggers like Ana from Vivianna does make up and Lily Pebbles and Amelia Liana ( they're all my faves! ) have been talking about this particular cream eye shadow from Bourjois for awhile so when they were first available at asos, I directly put an order. I was considering to get bronze shade as well but managed to limit to one shade which I BELIEVED I didn't have a lot already on my stash which is a plum shade ( ha ha ).




Packaging wise, it reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Color Tattoo, only the one from Bourjois is made of plastic and lighter but in no means flimsy. I personally prefer the Bourjois' pot as it is not deeply curved so it is safer for my nails. 



Prune Nocturne is a purplish burgundy with gold and red shimmers. It is similar to Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk only Prune Nocturne is more purple and less red. I didn't expect Prune Nocturne to appear that dark, it still looks a bit redish on my swatch, but on the lids it surprisingly turns darker to purple. It is till beautiful though, but I'd be much happier if it was more redish.



Texture wise, it is cream to powder finish so it feels matte and powdery and not creamy. It applies smoothly and I always apply it with my finger. The pigmentation is suprisingly rather sheer but buildable. It has a nice sheen-duo chrome finish that makes it looking good applied solo. It doesn't crease on my lids and it stays on the whole day. It feels more like the L'oreal Infallible eye shadows rather than the Maybelline Color Tattoos. 
Overall, I think Bourjois made a good product. People might prefer the Maybelline ones because of the creamy texture but I prefer the powdery one because it feels lighter on the lids. 
The color selection is quite limited and I hope they will add more color, like jewel tone shades or more neutral because I really like it. The small pot contains a lot of product I don't know if I will ever hit the pan :-)

Have you tried this new cream eye shadow from Bourjois? or do you have favorite cream eye shadow?
Love,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment