Friday 13 December 2013

Roaring Red

It's been awhile since the last time I bought something from drugstore limited edition's collection. But the latest collection from "Catrice Feathers and Pearls" caught my attention. Despite of the fact how many red lippies I have already had on my stash, I still picked one. ( because cool toned red-warm toned red-matte red-glossy red-ruby woo red-russian red red, they're all different, aren't they? ;P )




The packaging is typical Catrice lipsticks, only this one has some prints on the bullet. I like the packaging of Catrice lipsticks because they look elegant, well made and sturdy for such a fraction of price, ca. €4.

 

Roaring red is actually more orange in real life. It is not completely matte, more a satin-velvet finish. I actually prefer that kind of finish because truly matte is too drying and accentuates the lip lines. The pigmentation is amazing, one swipe is enough to cover it all. The texture is nice as well, it feels creamy but not overly creamy. 



I tried my best to capture its true color but still it appears less orange on pictures. Roaring red is such a beautiful shade of red, and it will be flattering on a lot of skin complexions. It feels comfortable on the lips and not overly drying. Lip balm underneath is a must since it is not very hydrating but still way better than MAC matte lippies. This lipstick doesn't bleed so lip liner is not a must as long as you apply it carefully around the lip line. 

Are you red lippie freak like I am? what is your go-to red lipstick?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment