Friday 25 April 2014

Rose Dentelle

I had 15 minutes left from my break at work few weeks ago so I decided to go to the beauty department at the ground floor and have a look, which led me to spend more money than what I earned that day..
After my joyful encounter with Givenchy here, I gathered more interest in the brand.. The counter is having a big display of this new cream eye shadow so I did some swatch and fell in love in this particular shade..





The BA gave me this small sample to try out other shades


Rose Dentelle topped with the glitter topcoat

Rose Dentelle & Nooner from Urban Decay Naked3



They have 9 shades available varying from matte, shimmery and 1 glitter top coat. The other shades were not really my thing, but when I swatched Rose Dentelle, I was struck! 
Rose Dentelle is a matte rosey-taupe shade, reminded me directly of Nooner from the Urban Decay Naked 3 which is one of my fave shade on the palette. The consistency of the eyeshadow convinced me from the 1st swatch. They're creamy but not greasy or slippery. They don't set into powdery finish though which I like because it makes them perfect as base. In comparison to Maybelline Color Tattoo, I must say the Givenchy is less 'creamy / greasy' but in no means dry. It applies smoothly on the lids, no tugging whatsoever. 
I swatched Rose Dentelle side by side with Nooner at home, and as you can see, Rose Dentelle is more rosy and not as taupe as Nooner. They matched perfectly though when applied together.. The texture is creamy-matte. It is not slippery and applies beautifully on the lids. It applies a bit sheer, but the intensity is build able. Being a matte shade, rose dentelle is a versatile base for a lot of powder eye shadows. It lengthens the wear of powder eye shadow and wears long on its own. I can't say whether it stays for 16 hours like its claim, but it is definitely long wearing. It doesn't crease as well ! Rose Dentelle is a perfect eye shadow to apply on low key days or days when you don't have much time. It is very work or school appropriate as the color is subtle and natural and the finish is matte. 

The cream eyeshadow comes in a tiny pot, with Givenchy logo on the lid. The packaging is well made, luxurious yet functional and practical. They're also surprisingly not expensive for Givenchy at 23€ / 4gr of product. Overall, I am head over heels with this cream eye shadow from Givenchy. I hope they will launch more shades in the future!

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment