Friday 4 April 2014

Dior Diorskin Nude BB Cream

My relationship with BB Cream was long ago finished as I realized that I actually prefer to wear foundation. But as a base product junkie, I just can't resist if a product got so many good reviews. 
A friend of mine works for Dior beauty counter so he often gives me samples to try out. I managed to try this Dior Nude BB cream for a week and I liked it so much that I decided to buy the full size. 




without-with




Unlike any other high end brand foundations that are usually housed in a luxurious glass bottle, this one comes in a squeeze tube which I actually much prefer because it is more convenient for traveling and I will be able to get the last drop of it by cutting the tube once it's done. 
Texture wise, it has a thick-creamy consistency of typical asian BB Creams. But despite of its thick consistency, it blends very well and it sinks / melts into the skin effortlessly.  
It comes in 3 shades and my shade is #001 light. #001 has a very distinct pink undertone which fortunately is not a problem for me as it brightens up my complexion. But I can see the pink undertone could be a problem for some people .
In terms of coverage, this BB cream provides sheer to medium coverage and it is build able without you having to worry it'd end up looking cakey. It feels very lightweight on the skin and it doesn't clog pores. The finish is very natural and healthy looking as it makes my skin feeling hydrated and doesn't accentuate my dry patches. This BB cream is also very moisturizing / hydrating that I don't feel the need to apply moisturizer beforehand. Another plus point is the staying power. It is amazing! I got 9 hours straight without any need to powder ( only blotting paper required ) and my face still looked presentable and not overly greasy. I can imagine it working very good on warmer days when some other foundations may cake up. 
If you aren't a fan of BB cream, you should give it a try as it provides you with BB cream benefits ( except of the low SPF 10 ), but doesn't leave you looking washed out and ashy like most asian BB creams do. 
This BB cream is subtly scented which isn't a problem for me as it doesn't linger on.
It retails for €34,95 -€39,99 / 30 ml and let me tell you, it is worth every single penny!

Do you have a holy grail BB cream?
Love,
Pam 

No comments:

Post a Comment