Friday 18 April 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light


As a foundation junkie, I was so happy when a friend of mine gave this foundation for me because she got is as GWP and it is not her right shade. As a gift with purchase, this foundation comes in a special size, 15ml instead of the original size of 30ml.






without - with


I have tried a deluxe sample of the Estee Lauder Double Wear original foundation and I liked it but I didn't love it that much that made me want to fork out €40 for the full size. While the original double wear is famous for being full coverage, the light version is indeed lighter.
My shade is no.2 Intensity. It is a tad darker than my skin tone but it can be fixed with lighter powder. It has a distinct beige undertone, quite neutral which is good if you have problem with foundation being too yellow or too pink. 
The texture is creamy and thick , but it glides on smoothly into the skin. I find Real Technique buffing brush works the best with this foundation, but beauty blender performs good as well if you desire sheerer coverage. The foundation needs to be blended carefully otherwise it might look a bit blotchy and cakey.
It gives a light-medium coverage which is enough to even out the complexion and cover some imperfections / rednesses. But concealer is needed for blemishes or  heavy under eye area. It feels lightweight on the skin and my skin feels breathable under it. The finish is semi matte, definitely not dewy or glowy, good for people with oily skin, but it might be too 'matte' for other skin types. The oil control in other hand is rather average. The foundation sets into a semi matte finish right after application but I feel my Tzone needs to be blotted within 3 hours.
This is all around a good foundation but I am not awed by it. I think it is because of the finish. It provides my skin a decent coverage but the finish is rather dull looking.
I find it difficult for me to like foundation with semi-matte or matte finish as they mostly make my skin looking 'flat' and dull. Otherwise, I can imagine it working well for oily skin or if you desire a matte finish.


Have you tried the Estee Lauder Double Wear face base line?
Oh and Have a good Easter Weekend!
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment