Thursday 23 October 2014

Rouge Bunny Rouge Skin Sanctuary Time Defying Foundation

Rouge Bunny Rouge belongs to one of my favorite make up brands, and their foundations were long on my wish list. So when I saw them having 30% off their Skin Sanctuary Time Defying foundation , of course I had to take a chance, right?? Well actually, the other foundation from RbR ; The Milk Aquarelle foundation was on the top of my list. But since that one was not on sale, I thought I'd better go with the Time Defying Foundation first.







The foundation comes in a very beautiful frosty glass bottle with a pump spender. The bottle is so gorgeous and well made. It also comes in a cylinder box which adds more luxurious touch to the whole packaging. 
After doing some research on the internet, I decided to pick up the shade Linen Cream. Linen Cream is the lightest shade available, pale beige with yellow undertone and suitable for MAC NC 20-25 which imo wouldn't be pale enough for some people. It is however, a great match for my complexion.  

Talking about the texture TDF has a rich and creamy consistency, it is lightweight though, so you don't have to be worried about it being too thick or heavy. The coverage is medium to semi full I'd say. It is very build able and layers very well. The formula is so smooth and blends seamlessly. The finish is natural and radiant , a little bit dewy if you have combination skin like I do. I love the fact that it doesn't provide matte finish despite of its great coverage. I am not really a fan of matte finish because it usually looks aging, and since it is now autumn here and winter is coming, I prefer foundation with dewy and natural finish to give my skin a bit of glow.
The foundation doesn't oxidize on my skin so the color remains true. It also doesn't set into dry patches that I have around my cheeks. I always try to well moisturized my skin though, so I can't really talk for people with dry skin. 
The staying power is great, it is definitely a long lasting foundation. The oil control however is not really impressive. I need to blot my T zone quite often every time I am wearing this foundation. But it doesn't bother me much to be honest, because it doesn't promise to be a champion in terms of oil control. The luminous finish must come with a price, right?
The foundation is lightly scented, typical high end foundation scent, very subtle and light which I really like.

Final thought : a great foundation for every day wear, great coverage, natural radiant finish, and long wearing. It is expensive at €49,99 / 30ml, but it performs the high end way :-)


Have you tried anything from Rouge Bunny Rouge?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment