Monday 27 October 2014

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée

As a huge fan of Josie Maran Argan Oil , I am always excited to try more from the brands. And as sephora US now ships to Germany, I have better access to Josie Maran products so I ordered this mini version of its famous coconut watercolor cheek gelée.. 






Upon receiving my order, I was very surprised to see how mini it is. It is literally so small and the pot has just enough place for my pinky finger to pick up the product ( well since I have ginormous fingers, maybe you will have enough place for your pointy or ring finger :P ) . 
This cheek gelée has gel consistency as its name advised. The texture is unique and something I haven't seen before. Unfortunately , I must say I am not really a fan of the texture.. It is a tad too wet and slippery for my liking. I find stippling brush works the best to apply this watercolor cheek gel, because it gets blotchy and uneven when applied with fingers.
The pigmentation is rather sheer but it is very build able. Despite of the wet texture, it sets up pretty quick which means we don't have a lot of time to blend. So make sure to blend it directly upon application unless you want to end up with pink patch on the cheeks. When it is applied and blended correctly, it gives a nice glow. It doesn't set up matte, rather dewy which I really like. It gives the illusion of plumper cheeks and makes you appear a bit younger xD.
I have tried to apply it on the lips but it didn't work. It is simply too wet and slippery, but it gives the lips a nice stain.

The staying power is good but not impressive.. Judging from the texture and how fast it sets, I actually expected it to be long lasting but it fades pretty quick I must say. I got around 3-4 hours wear out of it.

Overall, a nice product to try but I don't think I will reach for it often.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment