Friday 10 October 2014

Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation

This is one long overdue post! I bought it in May during my trip to Singapore and Indonesia but never got to write a full review on it, so now here we go..

This foundation from bareMinerals was on sale at Sephora Singapore for only SGD$38 for 18 gr of products which is more than double the size of the original size ( 8gr ). The 8gr packaging retails for €27,99 so this deluxe size I got from Sephora is actually worth ca. €56 which makes SGD$38 totally a steal!







before-after



The foundation comes in form of loose mineral powder which might not be the best for traveling but it will not be a problem for the dressing table. It comes in a very nice huge sturdy pot. Seriously , the pot is so big! Just like most loose powder, it also comes with a 'filter' to make it less messy. I love the fact that the shifter is not so many so the powder doesn't get everywhere.

I picked up the shade fairly light which is a neutral light shade. The foundation has 20 shades from very fair to very deep, great selection of color to cater a lot of ladies with different complexions. 
This is the 3rd mineral powder foundation I have tried after the Bellapierre and the Tarte one which both I really enjoy. But I almost never use the mineral foundation alone as base because I always have the feeling that the coverage is not enough. So I usually apply it over BB Cream, tinted moisturizer or a sheer foundation.
The powder is very smooth, fine and soft it is almost creamy to touch. I can imagine it works very well for dry skin because the powder feels very nice and not drying at all.
The bareMinerals original foundation has decent coverage and it is very build able. I applied only 1 layer of foundation on the 1st before-after pict above and applied 2 layers on the after picts. You can clearly see the sheer coverage on the before-after pict, and that I still needed concealer for my under eye area. But on the other 2 picts where I put 2 layers of foundation, the coverage was more and it covered up my under eye area way better than 1 layer. I really like the fact that it didn't accentuate my dry patches. It provided a slightly dewy finish which is great for powder foundation not being mattifying. It looked natural and healthy on the skin, and also my skin felt well hydrated.
I worn this a lot during summer and I must say, that the foundation caked up a little bit on the spot where I sweat the most for example on the forehead and my nose tip.
It also worked well as 'topcoat' for my liquid foundation and give more flawless finish.  But, when it is worn alone, the longevity is not very impressive.  The oil control is also rather average.

Among 3 mineral foundation I have tried, I still prefer the Tarte one. This Bare Minerals is a decent one but not extra ordinary. It is a nice addition to my make up table but I guess I am more a liquid foundation kind of girl.

Have you tried mineral foundation or anything from bareMinerals?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment