Tuesday 7 October 2014

Chanel Les Beiges

I recently went to Paris ( the perk of living in Europe :p ), and visited the Chanel beauty boutique at Rue Cambon . The service I must say, was a little distant at the beginning, but later on the BA warmed up a little bit and became nicer to me ( maybe she thought I might be the stereotypical chinese tourist. lol ) . Anyway, I ended up buying a perfume and this Les Beiges powder in #30.







First of all, let's talk about the packaging. It is so gorgeous! The case is so weighty and feels very luxurious. The half moon brush that comes with it, is actually very soft and good for touch up. The shade I picked was #30 which is darker than my actual skin tone. I initially wanted it to be a bronzer, that's why I picked up a darker shade.
The powder is very soft, smooth and finely milled. It is not dusty / powdery at all . From what I understand from the SA, this Les Beiges range is supposed to be sheer bronzing powder, and it should be applied all over the face, not only as contour bronzer. So, she color matched me with #30 as lighter shades would be translucent on me. The problem came up later as #30 is a very warm and leans towards orange, so despite of the sheerness, I still can see the orange tinge on my face when it is used as all over bronzing powder. But, it is too sheer to be used as contour bronzer, I need to layer more to make it visible on the cheekbones. The product itself is good though, I can really feel the powder very soft and smooth and the pigmentation, although very sheer, is nothing unlike the mega failure Tricolor Les Beiges . 
I unfortunately don't reach for it often as I always struggle on how to use it. I find myself reaching more often for the Burberry Earthy blush as that one is more ashy and hence more suitable for contour bronzer, or if I want an all over bronzer, I would reach for my most loved bronzer from P2.

This powder / bronzer retails for €48,99 / 12gr which is ridiculously expensive ( well, not really if you see how much product you get ). It is Chanel though, so you also pay for the name. Would I recommend it? Not really , since there are a lot of better powder or bronzer out there for cheaper price, unless you are a huge Chanel fan and don't mind paying almost 50€ only for the packaging.


Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment