Wednesday 12 March 2014

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

I have been wanting to try the foundation from Giorgio Armani after reading a lot of good reviews about them. But I was not sure which one to get between the luminous silk or the lasting silk. After trying it at GA counter, I decided to go with the Luminous one. 

Yes I have to clean my window, I know






with-without



The foundation comes in a beautiful high end frosted glass bottle. It also comes with a pump that dispenses the right amount of product. I really like the design of the bottle as it looks very luxurious and high end.
My shade is #4 which matches my complexion very well. #4 has a lot of beige-neutral undertone and very similar to Bourjois healthy mix foundation in #51 - vanilla claire. This foundation has thin and slippery liquid texture that is very easy to blend.
My first impression with this foundation was a bit confusing. I really like how it feels on my skin. It feels very lightweight , like you don't wear anything. But the coverage is very light as well which is not really my cup of tea since I prefer to have medium coverage. After few days trying out this foundation using various methods like foundation brush, fingers and beauty blender ( please don't use it as it only absorbs the product ), I found out the best way to apply it is to dab some product using my fingers and blend it out with buffing brush. I need to layer this foundation to achieve the coverage I desire. Good thing is, this foundation doesn't look cakey even after 3 layers and instead, looking very natural and fabulous! It evens out my skin tone and counters the rednesses around my cheeks. It doesn't accentuate dry patches as well. 
I notice that this foundation blurs our the imperfections very well despite of its light coverage. It provides a healthy-not oily-luminous finish that is so beautiful that I don't even dare to apply powder to my Tzone which I always do usually. But I have to blot after 4 hours as my Tzone area starts to look oily. I wouldn't recommend this foundation for people with very oily skin as it might be too dewy. 
But despite of the average oil control, I find this foundation lasts all day long. I tested this out while I was in Holland last week and it did stay the whole day!  I was mostly outdoor at that time and didn't even have time to blot / powder. It did look a bit shiny mostly on Tzone area but still looked presentable. 

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation retails for €48,99 / 30ml.

What is your latest foundation purchase?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment