Wednesday 13 November 2013

Tipsy

It's been awhile since I feel in love with blushes. After my encounter with Burberry blushes, I had not yet found a blush that performs better or even as good as the Burberry ones.
I've heard a lot about Tarte Amazonian blushes and I've been wanting to try them since forever.. So I asked a friend who was travelling to NYC to get me one Tarte blush. I wanted Blissful but it was sold out everywhere so I opted for Tipsy.



Tipsy retails for $26 with 5,6gr of product. In € it is around 18€ which is cheaper than MAC at €24/6gr of product.
The blush comes in a very nice sturdy case. Each case represents the blush inside in color. I like the packaging but it is not the most convenient for touch up because it doesn't have mini brush with it so we always have to carry separate brush.



Tipsy is a beautiful peachy coral shade. The color is so flattering against my complexion, giving me a fresh healthy glow. I saw a lot of people say it's a bit shimmery but I see no shimmer at all. It does has satin finish but not shimmery. The color is similar to Burberry blossom blush but Blossom is more orange.
The first time I applied this blush, I was very impressed with the quality of it. The blush's texture is a dream. It is very smooth, finely milled, with very minimal fallout. The pigmentation is perfect. It is not overly pigmented that you have to be extremely careful. It is just the right amount of pigmentation needed for the perfect flushed looking cheeks. You can of course layer it for more color if you prefer so. And it blends effortlessly,unlike the NARS blushes which I find very difficult to blend.  The blush has a beautiful embossed on it which looks so pretty. I don't notice any strong scent, but it does smell a tad powdery.

About the staying power, it claims to last 12 hour and I can confirm that . I did a test where I applied the blush at 8 am and even at 9pm it was still visible on the cheeks. Of course not as bright as freshly applied but it does have fairly long staying power.
I am overall very pleased with the quality of the blush. I didn't expect much as I was recently very disappointed with NARS blushes. But this one really impressed me and I wish I got more shades T.T

Have you tried Tarte blushes?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment