Sunday 10 November 2013

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Make Up

I usually stay away from any mattifying foundation in fall/winter and prefer something that offers dewy and glowy finish. Alison from Amarixe rave a lot about this foundation from Neutrogena and a lot of people say it is comparable to NARS sheer glow foundation.
So after I did some online research, I decided to get mine in shade #30-Buff. ( Neutrogena make up line is not available in Germany, but a friend of mine got it for me from the US ). Fortunately, Buff is the perfect match for my complexion. I love the fact that it is not yellow toned and more on the neutral with a bit of pinkish undertone.







First of all, let's talk about the bottle. Why do foundations that are sold for the US market tend to have no pump?? Is it that difficult to put a pump, dear cosmetic brands??? The first time I used it, it spilled all over my dressing table. The fact that the hole is big ( bigger than my massive thumb ) and the liquid and runny consistency make it difficult to dispense the product. Definitely not recommended when you're in hurry or traveling. 



BEFORE


AFTER
This pict is not photoshoped

Aside of the packaging, I actually like the foundation. The texture is nice and it doesn't set right away once it is applied so you have time to really blend the foundation. I use my flat top buffing brush to apply it, but damp beauty blender works fine as well. The coverage is light to medium but it is not very buildable as it tends to get a bit 'cakey' and thick and mask like if you apply too many products.
The finish is just like the name advised , healthy and radiant looking. It does even out my complexion and covers imperfections. But the oil control isn't the best. I need to blot more often than usual, so blotting paper is a must companion when you're wearing this foundation. I try my best to avoid blotting powder as I don't want to pack more products to the skin.
The staying power in other hand is fairly long. It stays on the whole day when combined with good primer and good setting powder on the Tzone area. I also like the fact that it has SPF 20 and antioxidant ingredients. It doesn't break me out either.
However, people with very oily skin might find it a bit too glowy and people with very dry skin should be a bit careful as it can accentuate dry patches a little bit. 

Overall, this is a very good drugstore foundation if you have normal-combination skin. 

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment