Saturday 30 November 2013

Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation

I recently received this mini sample of Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Fluid Foundation , as a foundation junkie, of course I was happy to try out new foundation esp the one from Chanel.
The vitalumiere range base make up from Chanel has received a lot of good reviews from the beauty community, but as I usually don't have good luck with Chanel make up, I didn't have much expectation for this one.


I can't say a lot about the packaging since I only got the mini sample, but the full size comes in a typical high end foundation bottle. Glass, heavy and well made with pump spender. The sample comes in a tiny little tube which I prefer than sachet. 



I got the shade #03 which matched my complexion though it is a tad too yellow for my preference. But it doesn't appear yellow once applied. The texture is very light and watery. It blended easily though I got the feeling that it clogs my pores a little bit. The foundation has light coverage, but it is enough to cover minor imperfections. It feels lightweight on the skin and comfortable. I like the subtle scent as well. 
My blemishes and rednesses are still visible so concealer is needed. It provides dewy -radiant finish which I believe will suit people with dry skin better as it tends to get oily after 3 hours on my skin. I actually quite liked this foundation and had nothing bad to say about it beside the expensive price tag, but after trying it for 3 days, it broke me out! T.T
My skin is not super sensitive so it doesn't break out easily.. But this foundation broke me out after 3 days so I was not impressed. 



If this foundation didn't break me out I don't think I would purchase the full size either mainly because it is not groundbreaking enough for the €40++ price tag. I expect a foundation that is so expensive to have a wow effect but this one doesn't. It is a decent foundation but you can also find similar quality in the drugstore. 
So once again, Chanel failed to impress me. 

Have you tried any foundation from Chanel?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment