Saturday 26 October 2013

Revelation

I love Chanel ( who doesn't ?) especially the bags ( as if they were cheaper... ) but I am not really a fan of the make up line. I have tried some of their products but they have never wowed me. To me, they are only average in terms of quality.. But since a lot of people raving about their newly launched cream blushes, I thought I'd give it another chance. 



The packaging is beautiful. It is very simple, typical chanel case but there is something about the intertwined Cs that makes everything with it looks beautiful and chic. It is surprisingly tiny though in compare to chanel powder case or eyeshadow quad case. Despite of the smaller size, it is sooo cute! 



After some swatches at the counter, I decided to go with Revelation. Revelation is a warm medium pink with a slightly hint of coral. It is def not a barbie kind of pink. It has satin , semi matte finish. Revelation is a very pretty shade that is appropriate for any occasion from office hour to party. It is a very versatile pink that will suit any kind of look and a lot of skin complexions. 





The texture of this cream blush is cream to powder, reminds me a lot of the YSL cream blushes but the chanel one is slightly creamier and less powdery. It blends easily to the skin but not effortlessly. I find that the texture is slightly waxy so that's why it takes a bit more effort to blend. The pigmentation is great though and the color is just flattering. I usually apply it with my finger and then blend it with real techniques stippling brush. The staying power is excellent and it stays for 7-8 hours before starting to fade gradually.
The price is fairly high , €34 for 2,5gr of product only. The YSL one retails for €37 / 5,5gr. ( I luckily got the chanel one with 20% discount so it didn't hurt that bad :p )
Compare to YSL cream blush, I can say that the YSL one is better in terms of texture, ease of application and price per gramm while Chanel is better in terms of staying power and packaging. Which one I like more? I have to go with the YSL one.

So once again, Chanel failed to amazed me. The blush is a great product but maybe I just set my expectations too high. 

Have you tried  any Chanel blushes?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment