Saturday 6 April 2013

Vampy and Sexy

Silky Girl is a Malaysian based brand that is widely available in some southeast asia countries like Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Brunei. I found the Silky Girl display at Watsons in Singapore and they were having buy 1 get 1 on a lot of their products so I picked up 2 lipsticks and 2 eye liners ( review coming soon ).




The lipsticks I picked up are Vampy and Sexy. They come in a sleek silver matte bullet which is finger prints free *yey*. I like the design of the packaging, because even though the price is cheap, the packaging doesn't look filmsy and looks simple and sleek.





Sexy is a muted coral pink that looks lighter on the lips as on the swatch.It is a really nice every day color for the upcoming summer. And Vamp is a dark and deep crimson red that -as opposite to Sexy- looks darker on the lips as on the swatch. It is the kind of color that makes your teeth appear whiter. 
Both of them have great pigmentation and creamy - matte texture. I am not really a fan of creamy lipsticks as they usually feel heavy on the lips and accentuate the lips lines. And these ones from Silky Girl are no different. They feel a bit waxy and heavy and also they smell like old lipsticks. I am not saying that they are bad products, it's only that don't really like how they feel on my lips. The staying power isn't bad either.



The texture, the finish and the feeling of these lipsticks remind me of MAC lipsticks ( and I am not a fan of MAC lipsticks ). I forgot how much I paid for both of them, but if I'm not mistaken, I paid ca. 11 SGD for both ( approx. 3€ each ). I have to say, they aren't bad products but unfortunately they aren't made for me. But if you like MAC lipsticks, and you have access to Silky Girl, I recommend you to try this out.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment