Monday 15 April 2013

Clarins Gloss Prodige #Grenadine

A lovely friend of mine gave this for me on my birthday and I was so happy receiving it since it had been on my wish list for a long time!!



She got me the color 'Grenadine'. Grenadine is a pretty pink-strawberry shade with a lot of gold shimmers. It is not too red or too pink, so it is something in the middle. The gold shimmers are visible on the tube and even only looking at them makes me happy. 

The packaging is really nice as well. It is a clear tube with a golden cap with clarins C logo embossed on the side. It comes with a doe foot applicator.



Grenadine is pretty opaque for a lip gloss. It is def meant to be worn alone, because I think it is too pigmented to be layered over any lipstick. The formulation is just right for a lip gloss. It is not too thick or too thin and it doesn't feel sticky on the lips. 
The pigmentation is great and it covers up evenly. It still leaves a translucency feeling of a lip gloss but still being opaque enough to be worn alone. 
I noticed that it leaves stain after few hours, but I don't mind since it makes the staying power even longer. It stays on for 5 hours without major eating. 




Overall I love this lip gloss and have been wearing it often lately to work. The color is bright and vibrant but not too much. It also smells sweet like a watermelon, but not too overwhelming. It retails for 18€ which I think is a really reasonable price for a high end brand like Clarins.

Have you tried any of Clarins lip product?

Love,
Pam 

No comments:

Post a Comment