Tuesday 23 April 2013

Sonia Rykiel Eyeshadow Duo

The first time I read about Sonia Rykiel beauty brand from lovely Kate from drivel about frivol. I was so excited when I found this brand on my trip to Singapore. Unfortunately the price is hefty, otherwise I'd love to take more with me. The SA girl there didn't really speak english and I didn't really speak Hokkien so we communicated with broken english and broken Hokkien but she was really sweet and helpful.



I wanted to take the eye shadow quad but it was 75 SGD and I wasn't sure about the quality so I didn't want to risk that much money, so I took the duo instead for ca. 40  SGD.



The duo eye shadow comes in a nice case though I expected more 'heavy' material because the case is lightweight so it feels a bit cheap in certain way. It also comes with a small round built in mirror. 


Quality wise, my first impression was that the texture is a bit dry. It feels more like a pressed pigment. The texture reminds me a lot of the L'Oreal Infaillible eye shadows, really similar. 
The pigmentation is good and the shade is really complex. It has kind of duo chrome , shimmery finish. Look at the plum shade on the swatch above, beautiful isn't it?
On my lids, the duo chrome finish doesn't look as beautiful as on my hand, maybe because my lids are oily. The staying power over base is okay but not groundbreaking either.

I am not really sure about the quality of this eye shadow. I like it but I don't love it. It's nice to have in my collection , but I am glad I didn't spend 75 SGD on the quad. 

Have you ever heard about the brand?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment