Sunday 21 April 2013

Color Tattoo 24 Hour

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour cream eye shadows are products that are highly praised and hyped around beauty community but I failed to understand the hype. 
I purchased my first color tattoo in Permanent Taupe a year ago and it didn't impress me at all. The texture was dry and not creamy enough. It creased on my lids like crazy and the color was just too grey and ashy. 
But as fellow bloggers and youtubers keep raving about them, I believe they deserve a 2nd chance.




The packaging is really nice glass pot. Heavy, well made, and sturdy. It is definitely a good packaging for the price ( 7€ ).


I wanted to buy only 'On and On Bronze' ( a.k.a Bad to the bronze on some countries ) but as I saw the newly released ( in Germany ) 'Metallic Pomegranate' which is actually the same like Pomegranate Punk ( which is available in the US only? ) I decided to take them both.


On and On bronze is a really nice bronzy shade which is unbelievably easy to wear. It is a perfect shade to wear alone on the lids every single day without being too much. It is not too gold nor too brown. 
Metallic Pomegranate is a plumy burgundy with gold shimmers which is BEAUTIFUL. It is definitely my cup of tea.

On and On Bronze


Metallic Pomegranate

I don't know what is wrong with the 'Permanent Taupe' that I bought a year ago because these 2 are totally different. They are both creamy and smooth and don't crease on my oily lids. 
The pigmentation is great and they can be worn alone or as a base for powder eye shadow. I find the best way to apply them is with finger because brushes will make them fade. The staying power is great, though 24 hour is a bit too much ( I meant, who wears make up for 24 hour straight? )

I must say I love them both though I reach for On and On Bronze more often on daily basis.

Do you have Maybelline Color Tattoo and do you like them? Which one is your favorite?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment