Thursday 11 October 2012

Clarins Everlasting Compact Foundation

I've been using Clarins Skin Care products for almost 3 years now and I love them so much. I tried a lot of other skin care brands like Clinique, Biotherm, Anayake, Shiseido, Sensai etc but I always find myself coming back to Clarins. As much as I love the skin care line, I am not really aware of the make up line. Mainly because they are more on the higher price level, and other giant names like Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown and co attract my attention more. But when I visited my favorite Clarins counter at KaDeWe-Berlin to buy my skin care routine, the lovely SA gave me some testers of this compact foundation. I tried it on for 2 weeks before coming back again and bought the full size product because I love it !









The foundation comes in a typical Clarins' gold packaging. The golden case comes with a red velvet pouch. The case is really simple, plain gold with a 'C' symbol craved on the right corner of the lid. The packaging does look luxurious but it catches finger prints like crazy T.T.. I am quite OCD when it comes to finger prints and it started to kill me softly lol.
There is a big mirror built inside the case and also a sponge to apply the foundation. I personally don't use the sponge to apply it, and I use my Ecotools Buffing brush.


The foundation is finely pressed. It's so soft and buttery. There is almost no fallout during the application which is amazing.. I tried applying the foundation with the sponge or a buffing brush and both way work just fine.

BEFORE - AFTER

On the before after picture above, you can see that my skin is on its good condition now ( thanks to Clarins skin care, and the cold weather coming. ), so there is honestly not much to cover. However, I am still impressed by this foundation. I was skeptical at the beginning about the coverage, but the coverage is great. It is def buildable, I would say sheer to medium. It doesn't look cakey at all on my oily skin,it is even mattifying. On days that I would like more coverage, I apply a little amount of this foundation upon my Tony Moly Pure Cotton BB Cream and they look amazing together. The staying power is also great. If you have oily skin like me, you might want to try this because this is really goooood. 

The price is expensive at 37€/10gr but it's def worth the money. I am in love!

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment