Sunday 14 September 2014

Dolce Vita

During the summer sale, I put an order from Net-a-porter and since they also carry Charlotte Tilbury make up line, I picked up some items from the brand as I have been wanting to give them a try for awhile..
The Dolce Vita eye shadow palette was long on my list. The color selection is truly my kind of shades, so there it went to my shopping cart..





The palette comes in a slim and sleek plastic case. I was a bit disappointed with the packaging as it didn't feel very luxurious. The plastic case was a bit flimsy and cheap looking. I expected it to be more solid with the price tag. 
Despite of the packaging, the quad itself has excellent quality. The eye shadows are all buttery smooth in texture. The quad consists of 4 different shades, 1 sheer frosty champagne shade, 1 burgundish copper shade with beautiful sheen, 1 glittery warm gold with spongy texture and 1 dark mud brown with fine golden particles. All the 4 shades work together in harmony and compliment each other. The quad screams glamourous to me. It might not be the most versatile quad to carry around traveling as the shades are all more suitable for a glam night look. But I have been experimenting with the quad for day look and it worked surprisingly well.
All 4 shades have good pigmentation, only the warm gold needs more layer. They all apply smoothly and blend effortlessly. The burgundish copper shade is no doubt my favourite out of the bunch and I love the fact that it is not dull when applied alone so I can use it solo on the lids.




Overall, I think this quad is worth to try despite of the 40€++ price tag. I can imagine me buying another quad from the range as I have been pleased with Dolce Vita. The packaging however could get some improvement..


Have you ever tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury make up range?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment