Friday 13 June 2014

MAC Sable

It doesn't happen often that I buy mono eye shadow. But I got a Douglas ( like german version of sephora ) gift card on my birthday so I decided to splurge on some stuffs I would most unlikely get with my own money. lol









( Anna Sui liquid foundation #201, Too faced chocolate bronzer, Etude House drawing eyebrow pencil #03, MAC sable eyeshadow, kiss me heroine liquid eyeliner, too faced better than sex mascara + fake eyelashes, Tarte amazonian clay blush #Tipsy, Kate moss rimmel london lipstick #07 )

Sable is a warm bronze shade with a slight hint of golden shimmer and it has frosty-shimmery finish. It doesn't contain any glitter particles which is better as glitters are not really my thing. 
Sable is a very similar shade to Urban Decay Toasted which is my favorite shade from the Naked palette ( the only shade I hit pan on ). I wanted to get Toasted while I was in Sephora Singapore but it was out of stock, and to buy the entire Naked palette just because of one shade is rather stupid so I thought Sable would be a great substitute.  But once applied, I must say that Sable is less reddish which makes it not as good as Toasted because I love the slight reddish tone from Toasted very much.  
Aside of the shade, MAC Sable has excellent quality. The texture is smooth and buttery soft. The pigmentation is amazing and the staying power is great.. It blends beautifully and applies smoothly. 
I've been enjoying Sable a lot lately despite of the 'unsimilarity' to Toasted. I love to wear Sable alone as the sheen is complex enough to perform solo.

Overall, MAC Sable has excellent quality which I think is nothing new as MAC eyeshadows are famous for that. It costs €18 on the pot and €12 for the refill / 1,5 gr. I think it is worth the price.

Have you got any favorite MAC eye shadow?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment