Tuesday 24 March 2015

Make Up Forever HD Foundation


Make Up For Ever belongs to a brand I've always wanted to try but had never caved in. Mainly because the limited access I have to the brand as it is not presence in Berlin ( except online ) . But on my recent trip to Jakarta, I stumbled upon the brand at Sephora ( yes, we now have Sephora in Jakarta juhuuu ) and the opportunity to be able to directly swatch the products and feel the texture, consistency etc was just so fun that I ended up purchasing the famous MUFE HD Foundation.




First of all, I was very happy to see the extensive shades they offer. After some swatches the BA and I decided that N117 would be the perfect match for my complexion. N117 is yellow based hence it suits me nicely. 
The foundation is housed in a clear glass bottle and comes with a pump spender which I really appreciate ( hear that NARS Sheer Glow ! ) I personally like the design of the packaging, it captures the image of the brand very well , clean cut-simple and gives me the impression that the brand is marketed towards more professional make up artists ( the impression I also got from other brands like Kryolan, Ben Nye or the pro collection from MAC ) .
So speaking about the foundation itself, it has lightweight texture and quite runny consistency. It applies evenly and smoothly. The coverage is sheer medium to solid medium and build able but only to certain opacity. I find that more than 2 layers will make it looking heavy and cakey. It evens out the skin tone and manages to cover some redness but not enough to cover blemishes or dark under eye area. A lot of people claim it to work best for dry skin but for my combination skin it works just fine. The finish is semi matte upon application but it doesn't stay so for long. I need to blot esp my T-zone area after ca. 3 hours and touch up every 2-3 hours afterwards which I am not particularly fond of. People say that this foundation photographs well hence it is a favorite for photoshoots.  If you see the close up pict below, I won't say it photographs bad but I am not going to say that my skin looks flawless either. I have another foundation I'd wear for picture but this is not the one.

MUFE HD Foundation has a good staying power though. It stays on for 7-8 hours and starts to fade gradually on certain areas like the tip of my nose or my T zone. It doesn't have any strong scent, so it's good for people with sensitive nose.


If you zoom in the picture, I think it is clear to see that it doesn't provide a very natural finish. The foundation is quiet visible and in a way a tad 'mask-like'.
I am overall not very impressed, not because of the lack of quality, but more to my personal preference.

Have you tried the MUFE HD Foundation?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment