Sunday 14 December 2014

ZA Skin Beauty Liquid Foundation

This is one long overdue post. I have taken the picts since almost one year ago when I bought it during my last holiday to Jakarta, but haven't got a lot of use of the foundation, that's why I kept on postponing this post. But lately I have tried the foundation for a good 2-3 weeks and now ready to gather some thoughts.







The foundation belongs to the same range as my now HG concealer from ZA. It is enriched with vitamin E, minerals and hyaluronic acid as much as in a bottle of essence ( according to the packaging ), so yeah it is quite a claim there.
The packaging is very simple and nothing fancy but it is functional and for the price ( around 8€ ) I have no problem with it. 

The foundation has runny - liquid consistency. I actually appreciate the nozzle there so it keeps the foundation from being messy. The shade I picked up was #21 which according to the BA, was a perfect match for the #1 concealer I have. The color is indeed a good match for me, if not a little little bit too light. But since it is now winter, I can deal with it. 
The foundation applies smoothly and seamlessly thanks to its lightweight and almost watery texture. The coverage is pretty good surprisingly, I'd say a solid medium finish. It evens out my complexion and covers my rednesses on the cheek area. The coverage is not enough to cover my under eye area and some blemishes but overall, it provides a good base for my face.

The problem here is that the over dewy finish. Even in winter, I feel like the finish is bordering greasy rather than dewy / glowing especially on my T-zone area. Powder may help but only for good 2-3 hour before it gets shiny again. I can imagine it works very well for people with dry skin though. Or for some of you who really like ultra dewy finish trend ( like all the korean stars ). Due to the greasiness, the staying power is rather average. I need to touch up after ca. 4 hour.

Overall, unfortunately not a good foundation for my combination skin but if you have dry skin, I think you might want to give this one a try.

Have you tried anything from ZA Cosmetics?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment