Tuesday 30 December 2014

Best of 2014

Woohoo it is time for the annual round up post! 2014 is coming to the end let me show you the things I've been loving this past year.


COMPLEXION

I've tried so many new products within this category and it was very difficult to come up with one winner for each product here. 
  • Biore UV Aqua Rich SPF 50+ PA+++ : This is the only sun screen I've been wearing this year. I did on few occasions use the Paul & Joe one, but it left some whitecase that's why I prefer the Biore one much more. It is lightweight and the high amount of SPF is perfect.
  • Sunday Riley Breathable Tinted Primer : It took time for me to like this primer. It is a good one but not anything groundbreaking especially for the price. But the longer I use it , the more I like it. It has very very sheer coverage but helps evens out the complexion and provides a better base for foundation. I notice that especially in winter, it gives more protection to my skin and makes it less dry. I am actually considering to repurchase this one.
  • Laneige Snow BB Cushion Foundation : Probably the most used foundation in 2014. I used up 2 of them already which has never happened before in my foundation adventure history. This foundation provides a very healthy and radiant dewy finish as well as amazing oil control. I have worn this foundation during my Asia trip in May and it managed to perform very well and stayed on pretty much all day long in 30'C temperature. The packaging is easy to carry, great for touch up and the sponge that comes with it is becoming one of my favorite tool to apply any foundation now. I barely use my beloved Real Techniques Stippling brush anymore. Its only downside is the high amount of SPF which makes it not the most camera friendly foundation. 
  • ZA Perfect Fit Concealer : Thanks to Sharlynn from Theblackmentosbeautyblog who introduced me to this amazing concealer. I need to mix shade 1 and 2 to achieve the perfect shade but it doesn't bother me at all. This concealer is so pigmented , so creamy, blends like a dream and stays on the whole day. It is affordable as well, I bought it in Indonesia for ca. USD8 each tube and it will last you a long time as well because you don't need to use a lot.
  • Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk powder : Well, it is pretty difficult in powder department because I have used and tried so many powders and to be honest, none of them really impressed me. The Koh Gen Do loose powder is one great product but I have just bought it in September and due to the packaging, I can't really use it for touch up. This powder from GA is the one in my on the go make up bag for almost entire year. It is not exceptionally amazing, but it is a good powder. I wouldn't miss it once it is gone as I still have so many other powders waiting to be used, but I have enjoyed wearing it and it has been a good touch up companion.

EYES - BROWS- BLUSH - BRONZER

This category was easier than the previous one , mainly because I've been wearing every items on this category literally almost every single day despite of other options that I have on my dressing table. 
  • Itcosmetics Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Palette - I loveeeeee this palette so much. One of the best purchase of 2014. The matte eye shadows are all so smooth, buttery and well pigmented. I can do a very subtle to smokey eye look. 
  • Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pen - My sister introduced me to this eye brow pencil and it has been on duty ever since. I even lost count on how many of it I have used up. 
  • Clio Kill Black pen eye liner - I initially wanted to repurchase my most loved Kiss Me Heroine Pen Eye Liner but it was sold out online, so I opted for this one for Clio which is fortunately just as good as the Kiss Me one. I love the pen form, it makes application very easy, it stays on the whole day and water - smudge proof.
  • Maybelline Long Lash Extreme Waterproof Mascara - I bought 3 tubes of this mascara on sale when I was in Indonesia. And I am so happy I did because it is a good mascara! It has micro fibre that provides a longer effect for the lashes, and it is really waterproof as well which is good for my watery eyes. I used up 2 tubes already and currently using my last tube. Luckily I am going home in February so I can buy some back ups as this particular mascara is not available here in Germany.
  • Burberry Earthy Blush - My favorite bronzer at the moment. You might have known my love for Burberry blushes and this one is no exception. The color is more suitable for bronzer rather than blush so I use it for that purpose. It works well as contour bronzer, but the color works good as all over bronzer to warm up the complexion. 
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette - If you have read my full review on this blush palette, I think it is clear that I am in love with it. It contains 3 shades from bright coral to dusty mauve which compliment any make up looks. 


LIPS 

  • EOS Lip balm - I have 4 of them on duty now. 1 on my dressing table, 1 on my bed side table, 1 inside my on the go make up and the other 1 inside my uni locker. Yes, I love them that much xD.
  • Burberry Lip Cover in Blush - You can see on the picture above how much it is left on the tube. I love the texture, the formula, the color. It is a great staple shade for every day. It is the kind of shade you can safely wear for work, job interview, school or even a night out. 
  • Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick #111 - My all time red shade. It has matte finish but such a forgiving formula for my dry lips. It is creamy, smooth and to make it even better, all the good things come in such a affordable price tag. 
  • Lancome Lip Lover #333 and #338 - Among other new lip launches this year, this one is my favorite. The formula is a winner, it is by far the best lip gloss formula I have ever encountered.
  • Maybelline Color Elixir - They are probably my second most favorite lip launch this year. I even prefer them to the Dior Fluid Stick. The affordable price tag makes it even better.


BODY , HAIR and NAILS

  • Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Creams - Believe it or not, there is no scent from C&E hand creams which I don't like. I like them all! I have some of them on duty as well, and scattered inside my hand bags. I also have 10 new back ups in different scents. I love them that much, yes ^^
  • Estee Lauder Dark Sensuous and Elie Saab The Parfum - Both are my most worn perfume this year. I love sweet-heavy-spicy scents and they tick all the boxes.
  • KMS Free Shape Quick Blow Dry - I lost count on how many bottles of this spray I have used. It helps my hair to dry quicker and makes it easier to comb and dry smoother. It smells good as well!
  • L'oreal Elvital Magique Öl - I apply it on my hair ends and it gives a smooth finish afterwards. Say no to split and dry ends!
  • Lancome Vernis in Love #154M - My most worn nail polish this year. The red color is perfect for a lot of occasion and the formula is a winner. 
  • Rituals Cherry Blossom & Rice Milk Whipped Body Cream and Sugar Scrub - I received this set as birthday gift from my work colleagues and have repurchased them twice ever since. The sugar scrub is a bit harsh but it leaves my skin smooth and suppled afterwards. The whipped body cream is very rich and moisturizing as well.


MAKE UP REMOVER

  • Balea Waterproof Eye Make Up Remover - I've been a loyal user. I've been using it to remove eye make up since the first time I arrived in Germany which is 5 years ago. It is a homebrand from DM, a drugstore chain in Germany. 
  • Garnier Micellar Water - I got it as a gift from the lovely Karo from Makeupandbeautybykaro blog. It is supposed to be a dupe for Bioderma. I haven't tried Bioderma but I love this micellar water from Garnier. It removes make up without being too heavy. Love!
  • The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter - At first, it was weird to cleanse the face using 'balm' but I later became obsessed with it as it does the job well and leaves my skin moisturized and not dry. 
So that's all the products I've been using the most in 2014. How do you plan to spend your New Year's Eve? I will spend it at home with my boyfriend and maybe few close friends, watching movies, eating chips and drinking warm tea. That might sound very boring and grandma like, but I am really not a party person and I HATE fireworks and fire crackers, so for my safety I'd rather stay home xD.

What are your 2014's favorites? and I wish you a happy and prosperous new year!
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment