Wednesday 10 December 2014

New In


Do you have some beauty items you have bought, planned to do a whole post about it, but ended up not having the mood to write a full post about it? It doesn't have to be that the particular product is bad or not good enough, but mainly because we are just too lazy? :P
So, these 4 items belong to the category. 






Rouge Bunny Rouge Lipstick


Lancome Glitter Eye Shadow


Dior Rouge Baume Lipstick

Rouge Bunny Rouge Lipstick in Whim of Mine  - I managed to get this from local blog sale, still new in original packaging for only €8! I believe the original price is around €25? So it was a total steal. The lipstick itself is great. The packaging is very nice, weighty and well made. The color is a peachy brown nude which is flattering for my complexion. It is the kind of nude you can wear without having to worry about looking too pale / washed out. The texture is nice creamy but not waxy or slippery. It doesn't dry up my lips at all and the staying power is relatively good. I love it!

Dior Rouge Baume Lipstick in 660 Coquette - I had high expectation on this one. Dior advertised this as a hydrating lip balm formulated with lipstick pigment, definitely sounds right up my alley don't you think? And it does perform very well up to that point. The lipstick is very emollient but not wet / slippery , and applies very smoothly like lip balm. The color is nice and well pigmented, not too sheer for the balmy texture. The problem is, it peels off my lips so bad. My lips get chapped and peeled every time I wear this lipstick which is such a bummer especially for the €34,99 price tag.. 

Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Vixen - Well, this is such a disappointing product from Tom Ford. I bought this because I really liked how the color looked from the bottle and I thought it would make such a nice shade for winter. I was in a hurry so I didn't swatch it at the counter and just blindly bought it. Upon application, OMG the formula was so streaky, and thin and the brush just didn't work right.. It has long and thin kind of brush like Chanel does. I needed 3-4 layers to achieve the coverage like the picture above. I don't know whether it is the same case with all TF nail polishes, but for the price, it is just such a waste :/

Lancome Ombre Magnetique Eye shadow in Cherry Cherie - I also managed to get it from a local blog sale for only 8€. I expected it to be similar to the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill or L'oreal Infaillilble Eye shadows, and yes it is similar. But the Lancome one is more on the dry side. It is not as smooth as the L'oreal one and fallout game is big here. The color payoff is intense though, but it applies a bit patchy. It needs to be layered and it doesn't blend easily. So I usually apply it wet to make it less dry, and also to make it more opaque. I think it is more suitable for a "top coat" instead of base. It looks pretty over a purple or black base and best to be applied by tapping instead of swiping motion.


So, that was my recent purchases that didn't make it to a whole post. What is your recent purchase? and how is your November so far? November is for me, a month that never feels like it is there. It is a month I usually total ignore and want it just to move out of the way soon and make a room for December and christmas!! :D
I am now in total christmas mood and have been spending my time looking for christmas gifts or cleaning out my apartment and decorating it with christmas deco ( my boyfriend doesn't really enjoy the huge christmas bow on our bathroom door :p ). Though I actually need to start learning for the exam in February ;(( But, anyway Christmas comes first xD

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment