Wednesday 18 September 2013

Hyde Park

The lovely sleepandwater is pretty much guilty for making me want to try the NARS satin lip pencil so bad. So I went on some swatchparty at NARS counter on my visit to Paris. I remembered trying on 3 different shades on the lips and loving the texture the very first time it touched my lips. I finally decided for Hyde Park ( I wanted Yu as well but it was out of stock ) .






Hyde Park is a deep berry red. It has ( of course -.- ) satin finish as the name advised. I don't really like how it looks like when applied alone with full coverage, but I love how it looks like when it's blotted and then topped with a sheer lip balm for a subtle balmy finish ( thanks for the tips, Sleepandwater! ). When it's blotted, it leaves such a nice stain, looking like a sultry just bitten lips.

Worn alone

The stain after 4 hours ( incl. minor eating + drinking )

Blotted + Balm

On the texture, Hyde Park has a very pleasant texture. It glides on smoothly but in no sense creamy if that makes sense. The texture is unique that I haven't experienced from another brands. It doesn't settle into lip lines and it stays on for hours when applied alone ( when applied with balm, it doesn't stay as long as when it's applied alone ). It leaves  a very nice stain as well after few hours. The stain is even and looks like you're wearing lip tint.
The pigmentation is great, it literally needs 1 swipe only to look opaque. I remember the SA told me that the satin lip pencils are enriched with hyaluronic acid to moisturize the lips. I can't find the info anywhere on NARS website but the lip pencil is trully moisturizing, it feels very comfortable on the lips. 
I have already owned enough lip products to last 3 generations but I really think I need more NARS satin lip pencils in my life. ( Yu and Luxembourg, my eyes are on you! ) :p

NARS satin lip pencil retails for €25,- each.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment