Friday 23 October 2015

Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation

After my very satisfying experience with Max Factor Facefinity 3in1 foundation, I pay more attention to the brand which was not that attractive to me before, and purchased another foundation from the brand which is also one of their best seller, according to the SA.






Max Factor Miracle Touch foundation comes in a compact case with a sponge applicator. I personally like the packaging because it's traveling friendly and great for on the go touch up. Only there is no built in mirror inside the case.

My shade is creamy ivory which is second lightest shade available. Creamy ivory is just the right match for my complexion with neutral undertone. 

The foundation is very thin in consistency and ultimately lightweight. It is like a  pressed liquid foundation because the consistency is so thin , I can't really call it a cream foundation.  It is creamy though and feels almost watery to touch. It applies effortlessly and blends seamlessly. Due to its very thin and lightweight texture, I like to apply it using fingers to achieve the coverage I desire. The given sponge is also not bad and works rather well. Beauty blender will do too, but it will give a even more sheerer coverage. Max Factor Miracle Touch foundation provides a sheer to medium coverage. It is build able but you can't really layer this foundation too much as it is really sheer and too many layers will eliminate the real purpose of this foundation and you won't have the nice natural finish it's supposed to give. The coverage is enough to even out the complexion and blurs minor redness. Concealer is still needed as it doesn't really cover blemishes or the under eye areas. If you zoom in the picture above, you can see how the redness on my cheeks still slightly visible and not fully covered which I am fine for most days. The finish is natural and dewy which is again visible on the above picture. 

I tested this foundation when I was still in Indonesia few weeks ago and it didn't really stay put due to its dewy finish and lack of oil control plus the hot and humid temperature in Indonesia. But, if I set it with powder and touch up / blot regularly , it did make it to 7-8 hour mark and still looking presentable. 
In Germany though, it's another story. We're having early autumn at the moment and the weather is cool and dry, so this foundation managed to get to 6-7 hour mark without me having to blot it regularly. Setting it with powder will prolong the wear for ca.1-2 hour but will eliminate the radiant dewy finish. 

Overall, Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation is another good score from Max Factor. If you have dry to combination skin and want to have natural and low maintenance foundation, this is one to try. If you have oily skin though, I advise you to skip this one as this will make your face an oily mess within 2-3 hour mark. 

Have you tried anything from Max Factor?
Love,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment