Monday 21 September 2015

Shiseido Integrate Foundation

I first saw this foundation on a local online shop in Indonesia and it was on promo for only IDR 220.000 or ca. €13. I did a bit of research and stumbled upon this review from Musingofamuse and it was rather a positive review so I decided to cave in.




The foundation is housed in a simple small plastic bottle. I like the simple packaging as it is very travel friendly and cute. You're supposed to shake the bottle first hence the plastic packaging.  The texture is very light and watery. It reminds me a lot of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I picked up the lightest shade available which is number 10. There is no name written, only number and all the descriptions are in Japanese which I don't understand a bit xD. 
Based on my research on the internet, Shiseido Integrate foundation is formulated with 100% mineral water and micro mineral pearl powder to conceal pores and gives skin a natural glowing finish. It is supposed to be hydrating as well. 

After trying on this foundation on and off for the past month I can conclude that it does live up to the claims. It is lightweight, it provides decent coverage, it has dewy finish and hydrating as well. But, unfortunately it is not all about the good news. 

On the lightweight texture, it spreads and blends easily. I have tried using fingers, brush, or beauty blender. I prefer beauty blender as fingers will absorb too many products and brush will make it apply streaky.  The texture is a bit silicone-y but not as slippery as Giorgio Armani Maestro or L'oreal Magic Nude. 

On the coverage, it provides a sheer to medium coverage which is enough for my daily needs. Concealer is still needed for under eye and some problem areas but for low key days, I can do wearing this foundation alone. The finish is difficult to explain. It is def not matte, but it is not too dewy either. It is somewhere in between. The problem is, it is lacking oil control. I don't know whether it claimed to do so or not ( blame the all Japanese description ) so I can't really pinpoint it as a negative point. On the picture above, you can see that my forehead area is a wee bit shiny even though the picture was taken only 10-15 minutes after application. On 3-4 hour mark, when the weather is hot and I perspire a lot, the foundation tends to migrate and crack on certain areas like the bridge of my nose or my chin. 

Overall, I think it is a decent foundation for low key days. It would suit people with dry to normal skin better than people with combination to oily skin due to its lack of oil control. If you have very oily skin, you'd better give this one a skip. But if you have dry to combination skin, this is worth to try.

What is your current favorite foundation?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment