Monday 8 June 2015

One Heck of a Blot

I am going to admit it, I have currently 5 face powder ( Rimmel Stay Matte, MAC Blotting powder, Lorac dry/wet powder, L'oreal True Match powder, and Rouge Bunny Rouge pressed face powder) opened and not yet hit the pan xD, not to mention 2 loose powder ( KohGenDo loose powder and Essence HD loose powder ) plus 3 powder foundation ( Clarins powder foundation, Burberry powder foundation and Tarte amazonian clay mineral foundation ) . Why do I need so many powder in all form ? Only God knows ( and fellow beauty junkies a.k.a you of course xD ).  
But despite of all the powder I own, I was so happy and excited when I received this Soap&Glory powder from my recent beauty swap with Jing Jing from shizurawr. I extra requested for Soap&Glory make up products as we don't have them in Germany. I've read and heard a lot of good things about them and the cute retro packaging is so attractive as well. The One Heck of A Blot was on my wish list, so I was really happy that Jing Jing sent me this one. 






First of all, let's talk about the packaging! Isn't it cute?? The case is made of plastic but not a cheap one. There is a built in mirror inside and a sponge for touch up. I've been carrying this powder for touch up from the day I got it. The powder is embossed with "Powder" writing + 2 stars, maybe just in case you forget it is a powder, LOL. 

Soap&Glory One Heck of A Blot is a translucent mattifying powder that claims to degrease shiny skin or for short ; a blotting powder. It claims to deliver a ultra light and smooth velvety finish. The powder is indeed very lightweight. It is very finely milled and applies seamlessly without giving you a dull powdery finish. It mattifies the skin very well and provides a shine free - silky finish. The powder also works nice as finishing powder after you apply your foundation. It keeps the oil at its bay for a good 5-6 hour which is already impressive for my oily Tzone.  It doesn't cake or clog up if you reapply it throughout the day too, another good point!

The translucent color is universal so people with different skin tones can use it and benefit from it. It also prolongs the wear of foundation or BB Cream so if you want a long wearing base make up, do set your foundation with this powder. It will not interfere the finish of your foundation as it is translucent and very lightweight. 

I have some Soap&Glory products e.g. their body butter, body scrub, hand cream and body mist and all of them perform very good and smell yummy! The price is affordable and the whole packaging and product quality is top notch. This powder is no exception and a good alternative to more expensive blotting powder like the one from MAC or other higher end brands. Retails at ca.GBP 10, this powder is def worth every penny.

What is your current favorite powder? Have you tried anything from Soap&Glory?
Love
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment