Sunday 21 June 2015

IOPE XP Air Cushion Foundation in C23

I am a converted cushion foundation lover and since now I am currently living in Indonesia until August, my obsession with cushion foundation is well accomodated with the big amount of asian brand make ups available here. 
IOPE is a brand that I have heard for its famous cushion foundation ( no wonder since it claimed to be the first 'inventor' of cushion foundation ), so when I spotted a promotion going on at a local online store, I decided to give it a try. Retailing at IDR 450.000 ( ca. US$35 ), I managed to get it at 20% off. 




IOPE Air Cushion Foundation comes in a typical cushion foundation case. The case is compatible with Laneige - Etude house - Sulwhasoo and Innisfree cushion foundations. The set comes with a 15gr refill as well. I picked up shade C23 which is a good match for my complexion. IOPE has 3 different kind of shades, the shade starting with letter 'N' supposed to have natural finish,  the shade starting with letter 'C' supposed to have more coverage and the shade starting with 'S' supposed to have shimmery finish. 

IOPE Air Cushion Foundation has a decent sheer to medium coverage and it supposed to provide a natural dewy finish. I personally like dewy finish but sadly the IOPE one is too much, it is greasy on my combination skin. I still can wear it, but need to set it with powder and blot every 2-3 hour. 
The foundation has wet and moist formulation. It feels wet upon contact with skin which later dries up to moist feeling.  I actually can deal with its too much dewiness but I hate that it accentuates my millia very very much. You can see on the picture below how my millias look very accentuated by the foundation. I also think that it accentuates my pores instead of blurring it.  The staying power is rather so-so and due to its greasiness, I need to blot it often anyway. At the end of the day when I removed my make up, I could see there was still much product on my cotton pads.


Overall, I can't really write a lot in this review because I haven't worn it much since I bought it. All I can say is that I think it will suit people with dry skin best. And if you have combination to oily skin, you'd better give this one a skip. 

Have you tried any cushion foundation?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment