Saturday 29 November 2014

Etude House Fairy Glitter Shadow

There is a special place in my heart for cream eye shadows, especially those with glitters and shimmer. While I was browsing ebay to repurchase my Etude House brow pencil, I stumbled upon this glitter shadow from Etude House. As a fan of Cinderella and glitter cream shadow, I just couldn't say no. 








I impulsively ordered this shade without any research before, but was very happy to receive it because it is so pweeety!!
The packaging is cute , with whimsical Cinderella carriage print on the lid and I was surprised to see how well made and solid the packaging is, considered the price point only at €8. First time I swatched it, I directly thought about Chanel Ebloui. On the swatch pict above, side by side, they do look different but pretty similar. Ebloui is more reddish while Evening Party is more brown tone. 
The texture is very similar to the Maybelline bouncy blush. It is very spongy and bouncy and at the same time creamy. While the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre eye shadows are more on the dryer side. It is greatly pigmented, which makes it a bit more difficult to work with imo. The chanel one applies sheer but it gives us the opportunity to layer and achieve the intensity we desire. The etude one is opaque in one layer, so it might be a problem if you prefer it to be sheer.  I personally don't have problem with it being pigmented. 
My only concern is that the glitters are kind of flaky and chunky. Chanel is a winner for me because it has very fine shimmer so it results in no fall out. The Etude one is very glittery ( which could be good if you want to achieve a glittery look! ), and there is few fall out. It is very interesting how a creamy eye shadow can have fall out xD

Overall, I think this is a great product for €9 and a good alternativ to the Chanel Illusion d'ombre or the similar product from Dior. I am not sure whether this is limited edition, but judging from the packaging, I don't think this eye shadow belongs to the standard sortiment. 

What is your favorite cream eye shadow at the moment?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment