Sunday 17 August 2014

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation


My family is currently visiting me from Indonesia, so I didn't miss the chance to 'steal' some items from my sister's and mom's make up bag :p
This NARS Sheer Glow was my sister's, she lost the cap and replaced it with old pump from Bourjois Healthy mix, hence the red cap. NARS Sheer Glow was long on my list so I was excited to give this a try.






My sister's shade is 'Fiji' ( or Light 5 )  which luckily matched my complexion. Fiji has slightly yellow undertone so it counters my redness very well.
NARS Sheer glow is indeed similar to Bourjois healthy mix ( or should I say it the other way around  ? :p ) so from the first application, I fell in love with it.
The texture is light and creamy . It applies smoothly and provides a good decent coverage. I apply it using Real Technique Buffing brush and man they were made to work together, such a pleasant to apply.
I also love the slight glow finish without looking greasy on my combination skin because the glow is very subtle. My sister has dry skin and this foundation has rather satin finish on her skin. So if you have combination to light oily skin, don't despise this one yet because it is not as 'glowy' as the name suggests.
The coverage is pretty decent. Don't get fooled by the name 'sheer' as it gives medium coverage which can be built up to semi full coverage. It covers up imperfections and redness and provides an even and flawless complexion. The subtly glowing finish is beautiful and makes me want to wear this foundation over and over again.
The longevity is also impressive for a foundation that offers glow. I do need to blot and set it with powder after few hours but mainly on the Tzone area.
This foundation has no SPF which can be good or bad point depends on your preference. For me personally, it is a good point as I always use additional SPF before my moisturizer anyway. And this foundation will come in handy for photography.
Overall, I really like this foundation and I have been wearing it every single day for the past 10 days. I think I will have to ask my sister to leave this foundation in Berlin for me xD
Have you tried the NARS Sheer Glow foundation? or any foundation from NARS?

Love,
Pam 

No comments:

Post a Comment