Thursday 1 May 2014

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation

If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you should have known my unfortunate encounters with some Chanel foundations and make up products in general. But when I first saw this newly launched Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation on Viviana's video, I just thought I had to get it!
Chanel described this foundation to be oil free-water based foundation with velvet matte finish. I am not a fan of its bigger sister ; Vitalumiere Aqua, but there is something in this one that made me want to give it a try. 






My shade is #12 beige rose. It has pink undertone but not as pink as the Dior Nudeskin BB Cream. Beige Rose is a little bit too light for me but I always prefer lighter foundation as I still apply bronzer, blush or powder so the foundation doesn't end up being too light after all. 

with-without



after 8-9 hours indoor wearing + 1x blotting with powder

The foundation comes in a plastic square bottle, almost identical to the Vitalumiere Aqua packaging, only the velvet one has all black color. I prefer the black bottle as it looks more sleek and chic.. Only the packaging is finger prints nightmare! :$
Since this foundation is water based, we should give it a good shake before use. There is a mixing ball inside the bottle to make sure it mixes well. 
The foundation has a very liquid and runny consistency. Be careful when you dispense the product because it is like water! The first time I tried it on, I spilt some drops to my black shirt T-T. 
But anyway, this foundation is very lightweight and it blends effortlessly into the skin. I apply it using Real Techniques buffing brush or flat top kabuki and they work well. I don't recommend any make up sponge as they will absorb and waste too much product. It works well when applied with fingers but I prefer brush application. 
The formula is airy and light but the coverage is decent. I usually apply 2 layers of foundation to achieve the coverage I desire. The finish is surprisingly not really matte on my skin. It is more like a satin finish with still a bit of glow peeking through which I really like. Even though the finish is not completely matte on my skin, I still don't see a need to set it with powder, but I do need to blot after some hours. Since I bought this foundation without any high expectation, it surprisingly impressed me. I think Chanel did a good job in creating a matte foundation with decent coverage but in a lightweight consistency because mostly other foundations with matte finish have thicker and heavy duty formula.  I also like how this foundation, despite of the matte finish, still maintain a natural appearance and doesn't look mask-like or too much. It can set / accentuate dry patches though so make sure your skin is well moisturized beforehand. 
The staying power is fairly long. As you can see on the picture above, after 8-9 hours of wear + 1x blotting with powder, the foundation still stayed on really well and looked quite flawless I can say!

after 2 weeks trying out this foundation I have to say I really like it! The finish is natural yet the coverage given is decent. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you have dry skin, but normal to oily skin girls, you will have a good time with it!

What do you think of this foundation?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment