Saturday 6 July 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

Finally!! Finally this foundation is mine! *yey*
I have read a lot of great reviews on this foundation, but this particular review from sleepandwater made me want to get this foundation as soon as possible. So without further ado, let's go to the review.





The foundation comes in a slim glass bottle which looks sleek and expensive. It also comes with a pump which is a plus point. My original healthy mix foundation comes in a plastic bottle which makes it more travel friendly than this one but less 'expensive looking'. 


My shade is #51 Light vanilla, the same shade like my original healthy mix. I must say, the color is a bit too light for me at the moment but once it oxidizes and I set it with powder, it doesn't look very pale on me.
The foundation has thin, liquid consistency. It is less 'gell-y' in comparison to the original healthy mix. I like this consistency better because it blends easier and it feels very lightweight on the skin. The foundation is also lightly scented, but I like the scent very much. It smells sooooo good, kind of powdery and fresh.





This foundation gives my complexion a very natural flawless finish. It is like my face is naturally flawless ( which is sadly not the case ). It brightens up my complexion and covers up imperfections. It doesn't cling on dry patches and big pores and my skin feels very hydrated. The coverage is sheer but definitely buildable. I usually apply more around my cheeks where I need the most coverage. In comparison to the original healthy mix, this one has less coverage but therefore, more natural and radiant. 
I have combination to oily skin and since it is now summer in Berlin, my skin tends to get oilier than usual. But this foundation , despite of its dewy finish, doesn't make my face look like disco ball. The oil control is surprisingly impressive. I apply this foundation using Real Techniques buffing brush as beauty blender tends to absorb the product too much.
After few weeks using this foundation literally every single day, I have to say I prefer this one than the original healthy mix. I regret the fact that it took me so long to get my hands on this one. It is a very nice foundation for its price tag. This foundation reminds me a lot of the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau which retails for 47€ while this one retails for 12€.

This foundation now slowly became my holy grail.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment