Saturday 9 March 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation

On my recent trip to Jakarta , I bought this Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation. Revlon isn't available in Germany so I didn't think much before buying this foundation due to a lot of good reviews I have heard / read from fellow beauty bloggers and youtubers.



My shade is #240 Natural beige. It's a 2nd lighter shade available in Jakarta. If I'm not mistaken, there are only 4 shades available there and my shade is 1 shade darker after Ivory.


To be honest, I am not really a fan of Revlon foundations. I have tried the famous Colorstay and the Photo Ready foundations and none of them I like much. The Colorstay is fine, but I hate the Photo Ready foundation. So it is a bit of gambling for me to buy this one, just out of curiousity and good reviews from fellow bloggers. But I couldn't resist so I picked it up for Rp.177.000,- ( approx. 19-20 USD ).
The foundation comes in a glass pot which looks expensive and luxurious. The glass itself is heavy and thick and well made. But I don't think it will be travel friendly and also not the most hygienic since we have to dip our fingers to take some products.



The consistency I'd say is something between cream and mousse. It feels a bit thick at the beginning but once it's well blended, it feels lightweight and it also feels comfortable on the skin.



BEFORE

AFTER



The coverage is light but it is buildable. It evens out my complexion and also brightens it up. It covers up my redness and hyper pigmentations well, but I still need concealer for my under eye area and few dark spots. 
The staying power and oil control are okay. I had this on for 7-8 hours before I need to blot my T-zone with powder. The foundation has a subtle fresh scent.
I overall pretty surprise with the result. I didn't have high expectations on this foundation , but it performs really well. I love how it covers up just enough imperfections without making my face look dull or cakey and how it feels so lightweight on my face. For the price I paid, I'm really happy with this foundation.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment