Tuesday 8 March 2016

Bal De Mai and Chamade

I own 1 Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lipstick and it is one of my favourite lipstick formula. I just love everything about it, from the packaging to the texture. So this new addition to my collection was expected.





ps : please mind the cracking foundation around my nose, I was trying out a very cakey foundation :/


#Chamade is a medium coral pink with glossy finish. It doesn't contain any shimmer particles and such a bright but still easy shade to wear on daily basis. I love to blot it a bit too for a sheerer look.

#Bal de Mai is a rosy nude shade with tiny gold shimmers. Don't worry about the shimmer though as they're very fine and far from chunky. Bal de Mai is a more neutral shade compare to Chamade and hence even easier to wear. 

Speaking about the formula, Guerlain Rouge Automatique is a full pigmented lipstick with creamy and emollient texture. It glides on very very smoothly and 1 swipe is what's needed to reach opacity. It has glossy finish and it gives my lips a nice plump juicy effect. The glossiness wore off after couple of hours but it still has a nice sheen to it and won't go complete matte. I found it difficult to find something I didn't like from the lipstick. The formula is so foolproof and comfortable on the lips. For a full pigmented - creamy lipsticks, Guerlain Rouge Automatique lipstick is very hydrating on the lips. It doesn't dry up my lips or accentuate any lip lines. 

Guerlain claims the range to be long wearing, and it's surprisingly is. I can get to 5-6 hour mark and considering the formula, it is impressive for a lipstick with moist - creamy texture.  

Speaking of the packaging, the Guerlain Rouge Automatique comes in a slide down square bullet. It has a push-pull mechanism where the lid pulls down and the lipstick pushes out. I was worried about the packaging at first, but it turned out to be a great solid case. 

If you're looking for a nice full pigmented lipstick with glossy finish, Guerlain Rouge Automatique might be an excellent choice.

Have you tried any lipsticks from Guerlain?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment