Monday 11 January 2016

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow

It took me a long time to finally cave in and buy this Filmstar Bronze & Glow duo from Charlotte Tilbury. Mainly because of the hefty price tag so I kept on reasoning with myself not to get this duo. Until recently, I just finished writing my final thesis within a short period of time so I wanted to reward myself a little bit and ordered few stuffs that'd been on my wish list for the longest time.







Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow was love at the first sight. The first time I opened the packaging and opened the golden case, I was mesmerised. The duo is so pretty!! It took me a good few minutes and tons of pictures before finally bracing myself to swatch it xD..

The duo comes with one sculpt / bronze / contour shade and one highlighter shade. If you look at my swatches above, you can see subtle golden shimmers in the bronzer too. Luckily once applied, the shimmers are barely visible, and it works really really well as a contour shade too. The highlighter shade is a pretty champagne colour with fine golden shimmers. Both shades are warm and compliment my skin tone really well. The texture of the powder is so soft, smooth,  and silky. I experience very minimal fallout during application. They blend easily and effortlessly. The highlighter however is very subtle which could be both positive and negative. I personally like it that it is very subtle as I am no friend to heavy duty highlighter. But, for people who prefer heavy duty highlighter, this one might not be for you.  I usually need 2 layers of the highlighter for it to show on my skin, but I really like the subtle glow finish. It doesn't enhance my large pores and doesn't look greasy or too shimmery.

The sculpt shade on the other hand is less subtle than the highlighter. It shows up better on the skin but still manages to look natural. The blend ability is so good that despite of the good pigmentation, you will not end up having brown cheeks. I thought I would never be able to find a bronzer that I like just as much as I like the Burberry Earthy blush, but this one might be it. 



Looking at this duo sitting on my dressing table is a joy for me. It is so pretty! Gladly it performs really well too. The price point at €69 is no doubt a splurge, but I am glad I did it. 

Have you tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury? What's your current bronzer - highlighter favourite?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment