Tuesday 26 May 2015

THREE Cosmetics Japan Ultimate Protective Pristine Primer + Flawless Ethereal Fluid Foundation

THREE is a high end Japanese brand I had my eyes on for quiet some time. So when I found out that the brand is now available in Jakarta ( I am currently doing my internship here until August ) , I literally made an excuse to go to the shopping mall where THREE counter is located xD.
Good thing is, they were having a promo for the Primer + Foundation duo for only IDR 790.000 ( ca. US$ 60 ) instead of its regular price for IDR 1.190.000 ( ca. US$ 90 ). That kind of promo is not something you should say no to, am I right?

ps : be prepare to see a long post!






The Protective Pristine Primer comes in 2 variants ; translucent and glow. According to the BA, the translucent is good to create a soft blur-flawless base and hides pores ( similar to the effect you get from Benefit Porefessional or Smashbox PhotoReady Primer ) and glow is good to create luster - moisturized base and clear looking skin. Since I have both Porefessional and Smashbox PhotoReady Primer, I decided to go with the glow one, and based on my hand swatch, the glow one felt nicer. 
According to the THREE website, the primer is made of 80% naturally-derived ingredients and free from UV absorbing chemical, parabens, synthetic perfumes, animal-derived ingredients, and mineral oils. It also contains 8 botanical oils such as Incha Inchi oil ( only God knows what it is , lol ) , tea seed oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, rosehip oil, shea butter, and bees wax. Looking at those ingredients, I can't help to feel very optimistic about the product and I am glad that it doesn't disappoint. 
The Pristine Primer Glow has a runny-liquid texture. It is very lightweight and hence perfect for a base as it won't make your skin feels thick or too much. The primer spreads effortlessly and I like it best to apply it using my fingers, just like how I'd apply my daily moisturizer. It gives a slight hint of coverage and even though it won't be sufficient to work on its own without the help of foundation, it does correct the skin tone and prep the skin to be a better canvas for the foundation. It def helps enlighten the job of foundation and concealer. 
Speaking whether it prolongs the wear of foundation, I must say it does but only when it is paired with the THREE Flawless Ethereal Fluid Foundation. I noticed the foundation does look nice longer with this primer and the foundation also applies better over the primer. Together they work like a dream team, but when I tried this primer with other foundation ( GA Luminous Silk and MAC Studio fix Plus ) , it didn't really prolong the wear of both foundations and but it still worked well as a base. I also like the beige-yellowish undertone which helps reduce the appearance of redness around my cheek areas. Oh and the primer has SPF 32+++ PA which is great but means you can't really wear it for flash photography.



The Flawless Ethereal Fluid Foundation comes in 7 shades and I was shade matched to #102 and #202. I had a hard time choosing between the two shades but decided to go with #202 because #102 was a tad too yellow and too dark for my complexion. The shade range is not really wide though and most of them are quite light toned. I believe I didn't see any shade suitable for skin tone darker than MAC NC 30-35 ish. 
The Flawless Ethereal Fluid Foundation has a thin runny texture similar to the primer, only slightly creamier. The foundation feels very very lightweight and goes on very smooth and melts seamlessly into the skin. Despite of the thin and lightweight texture, it provides a good coverage. It starts sheer but you can really build the coverage to solid medium without it being cakey. The finish is very natural and radiant. It has a very subtle luster glow which is the kind of finish I like the most for foundation. The luster finish doesn't get muted even when it is set with powder. It just shines through, I am completely sold!
Similar to the primer, the foundation is also enriched with 8 botanical oils and free from bad chemical. The foundation is supposed to have skin care benefit and I must say this is the first so called foundation which I really notice the benefit! My skin feels very moisturized wearing it and it just looks healthier. My skin afterwards feels supple and nice and free from any rash. I haven't worn it long enough to notice long term effect, but after trying it for ca.2 weeks I can say that my skin is less cranky. 
The foundation has SPF 36 PA +++ which is together with the SPF 32 PA+++ from the primer will provide good sun protection for the skin ( I guess? ), but I still apply sun screen beforehand just to be sure. The packaging is great - clean cut, simple and sleek yet very well made. Both foundation and primer are housed in a frosted glass bottle with pump spender. The bottle is identical, so I can only differentiate them by reading the description on the back of the bottle. 

Overall, after wearing both products every single day the past 3 weeks, I can say that I am very happy with the performance given and is completely smitten with the brand. I will definitely try another products ( the loose powder,  the corrector stick, the blushes and the lipsticks are on the radar! ). The brand THREE itself has a good image to it and the pricing is still reasonable for a higher end brand. 


Have you ever heard of the brand? Is there anything you want to try from it?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment