Friday 8 May 2015

Matte vs Shimmery

I did a short trip to KIKO and went home with few items including these 2 new eye shadows.





Kiko Cool Touch Eye Shadow in #04 Modern Burgundy is a water based pressed pigment eye shadow. It comes with a special form of case with a transparent lid that keeps the eye shadow well pressed. I personally like the concept of packaging though the case is bulky and thus might not be the most storage efficient. The eye shadow has spongy-wet texture ( imagine L'oreal Infallible Eye shadow or GA Eyes to Kill texture soaked in water ), the formula is something I've never experienced before. The eyeshadow feels creamy to touch and apply smoothly. The pigmentation is great but I must say it takes a bit effort to blend. The shade I picked up , Modern Burgundy is a purplish burgundy shade with metallic finish though to be honest, I can't really see the metallic finish on the lids ( it looks very metallic on the pan though ) . It is more satin-sheen finish in my opinion. It doesn't crease on the lids and stays on pretty well.

Kiko Cream Crush Lasting Color Eye shadow in #03 Matt Light Mahogany is a matte cream eye shadow. It comes in a glass pot packaging which sadly is not optimal in my opinion as the hole is too narrow so it is so difficult to pick up the product using my fingers which results in the cream eye shadow get stuck on my nails ( I end up using small spatula to pick up the cream eye shadow then ) . The cream eye shadow has very very soft mousse -y texture with great pigmentation, so a little goes a long way. It is not easy though to apply the right amount of product as I always get it too much and then end up with the eye shadow smearing all over the lids. I usually scrap the product using a small spatula and put it on the back of my hands then using my fingers to apply it on the lids then blend it using blending brush. The cream eye shadow dries up to powdery finish so it will work well as a base. The shade #03 Matt Light Mahogany is a matte mauve-y brown shade. Kiko claims it to last 10 hour and it does live up to the claim.

Please pardon my almost worn off false lashes


Overall, I think both eye shadows are good solid products from Kiko, though the Cream crush eye shadow is a tad too 'mousse-y' and smeary. But, I really like the shade so I still use it often though the application is not the easiest.

Have you tried any eye shadow from Kiko?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment