Thursday 19 July 2012

Clinique Chubby Stick - #07 Super Strawberry

I don't really know how it's going out there, but here in Germany, Clinique Chubby Sticks have been really famous and praised around youtubers and beauty bloggers for the past few months. I'm not really into Clinique make up, merely because of their packaging reminds me of pharmacy. Well, it might be just me, but Clinique make up products have never caught my attention.
But since I am such a hopeless victim when it comes to beauty related stuffs, I finally jumped in the chubby stick bandwagon and bought myself one in the color Super Strawberry #07. It was 20% off discount so I paid 15€ instead of 19,90€.




It comes in a pink jumbo pencil-like packaging which you don't have to sharpen because it has automatic 'roller' ( oh please pardon my horrible skill to describe something ). I don't have anything to complain about the packaging. I think it's not super pretty but it isn't ugly either. 






Super Strawberry is a muted pink color. It looks bright on hand swatch, but once applied it sets to a muted and more neutral pink. The color is perfect for everyday use, but I would prefer more pigmentation. The texture is buttery and reminds me of lip balm. It's easy to apply and doesn't enhance dry / chappy lips. It's really moisturizing so I don't need to apply lip balm underneath.
It took me several days to conclude my though on this product. At first I didn't really like it and I think it wasn't worth the hype at all. It felt like nothing special or nothing that costs me 15€. I barely could feel any difference with my labello tinted lip balm which is only 2€. But after few days, I started to realize its moisture and richness, eventhough the pigmentation could be improved. I would wear this chubby stick more once my university starts in October because it provides such a nice and neutral color I would wear to school. But for now, I like to wear something brighter and fun for summer holiday ( eventhough here in Berlin, summer means 17-19'C, rain, wind, thunders and a lot of gloomy clouds ). 
Overall, I'm not going to say this is a bad product, but I don't think I will buy another colors soon. ( Except, they're on sale for at least 50% off ;p )

Have you tried the famous Chubby Stick?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment