Saturday 5 December 2015

Cherry Pop and Nude Pop

During my recent trip to London, I met up with the lovely Jing Jing from shizurawr.com . She was really kind and bought me Glamour UK which had these Clinique lipsticks as their goodies. I managed to get another one with different a shade resulting in 2 mini Clinique Lip Pop in Cherry Pop and Nude Pop.






I had not tried the Clinique Pop Lipsticks before, but had been wanting to give them a try. So I was very excited to be able to get their minis for free xD

Cherry Pop is a blue toned red, the name is just perfect as it is a cherry red. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do now. It is such a brightening red. It has a whitening effect for the teeth too which is a plus point.

Nude Pop is a true nude shade. It has no pink or peach undertone, and really is a true beige nude. The color is actually almost identical with my natural bare lip color. It is not a dead nude, but it's not something I'd be comfortable wearing as it makes my whole complexion looking more pale and a bit 'sick'.

Texture wise, they're just amazing. They're creamy and balmy and feel very comfortable and hydrating on the lips. They're not as balmy as Clinique Chubby Sticks but balmy enough for a regular lipsticks. The pigmentation is great and they both don't feather or bleed ( esp for red shade like Cherry Pop, it's amazing! ). They glide on smoothly on the lips and don't enhance or set into lip lines. Both have a slight shine finish but I prefer to wear my red matte, so I blot it with tissue paper to eliminate the shine. It's not very shiny though, just a little bit.

Staying power is great. Nude Pop doesn't last as long as Cherry Pop. But it can go to 3-4 hour mark easily. Cherry Pop on the other hand is fairly long lasting. I remember wearing it when I was in London for the whole day. I applied it around 10am and when I came back to the hotel around 4pm, it was still on point. I didn't have big meal during that hour though, only one croissant and few drinks. It didn't leave my lips dry despite of the good staying power. It's just great, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Overall, I already plan to get other shades. Plum Pop is on the top of my list. I really love the formula of this Lip Pop range. I think I just found another favorite lipstick formula. They're reasonably priced too at €23 compare to other high end lipsticks.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment