Thursday 17 December 2015

BECCA Glow on The Go

I was never big on highlighter. I used to find them too much for my combination skin, but I guess I just had not found a good one yet. After my encounter with The Balm Mary Lou Manizer, I started to appreciate highlighters more and recently I've been buying more and more highlighters xD. 
On my first visit ever to Space NK when I was in London, I spotted this glow on the go kit from Becca and instantly fell in love with the swatches I did there and £ 20 is not a bad price either.







BECCA Glow on The Go contains mini sizes of their famous shimmering skin perfector pressed Opal and shimmering skin perfector Opal spotlight wand. BECCA is a brand which is not easily accessible in Germany so I didn't waste the chance to get this set and give it a try. They're tiny but a little goes a long way, 

Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Opal has a very smooth, silky and almost creamy texture. It reminds me of The Balm Mary Lou only creamier and smoother and finer. It feels like Mary Lou on a higher level. The pigmentation is intense but once applied, it doesn't appear too much on the skin. It illuminates and highlights the desired area very well. I usually apply it on the highest point of the cheeks and on the cupid bow. It is shimmery but not glittery. The texture is sooooo fine! It has a dewy looking finish which is great as I don't really like too much shimmer on the cheeks. It doesn't enhance pores either. 

Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight Wand Opal is the liquid version of the highlighter. It is more subtle and perfect if you want an even more natural look. The texture is lightweight, creamy and very easy to blend. I like to dab a few dots on the cheeks and blend it using my finger. The finish look is very subtle though. If you prefer a more saturated look, you will not be satisfied with the result and might need to layer it with the pressed Opal on the top. 

Overall, the set is a good purchase and a nice one to get if you want to give BECCA highlighter a try.  Or since the holiday season is here , this set will make a nice gift too! 
It is reasonably priced and the products are really good as well.

Have you tried any highlighter from BECCA?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment