Tuesday 25 August 2015

Illamasqua Sangers

I once again fell into the red lipsticks trap. I own too many red lipsticks for one person's lips, but my problem is always, every time I try on lipstick shades, most SAs and my friends will always recommend me to take the red one because they say I look best wearing red. Well that was what happened with this another red piece from Illamasqua.






Illamasqua Sangers is a matte deep red. It is true blood red shade. I had never tried any Illamasqua lipsticks so Sangers was my first. The texture is a bit stiff but still creamy enough to glide on smoothly. I don't really like shiny bold shades and prefer to wear my bold shades, esp red ones matte. 

Sangers is true matte with no sheen whatsoever. The formula is not too drying but also not too pleasant like the Revlon matte balm or Rimmel Kate Moss Mattes. I still can stand this one as it doesn't dry up my lips too much and with the help of a lip balm, I can even get away wearing it all day.  The pigmentation is great, it only needs one swipe to get opaque and applies evenly. Due to its rather dry formula, it doesn't bleed or feather so I don't need to frame my lips with lip liner beforehand.

Speaking of the packaging, Illamasqua lipstick comes in a solid black plastic case. I won't say the packaging is ultra luxurious considering the mid end price point, they definitely need to improve in packaging department IMO.

The staying power is great, I got 5-6 hour wear with minor drinking and eating.

Overall, a decent matte lipstick but not a must have.

Have you tried any Illamaqua lipstick?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment