Thursday 13 August 2015

Illamasqua Naked Rose

I recently bought this powder blush from Illamasqua counter at Central Department Store-Jakarta. They were having a promo going on for 3 items  ( Hydra or Matte Veil Primer + 1 blush of your choice + 1 lipstick of your choice ) for only IDR 790.000 ( ca. USD 60 ) instead of IDR 1.1350.000 ( ca. USD 86 ).  The promo sounded too good to be missed so I decided it was a good chance to try few items from the brand.







I was debating whether to get their powder or cream blush, but I did't really like their cream blush formula so I went for the powder one. I picked up the shade Naked Rose, as the BA told me it is their best seller shade. Naked Rose is a pale rosewood shade. On the pan, it looks very pale and I was worried it wouldn't show up on my skin, but once I swatched it I was surprised at how pigmented it is. Naked Rose is similar to Burberry Sheer Glow Blush in Cameo, only slightly cooler and less warm.

Illamasqua Powder Blusher Naked Rose has a very soft and smooth but powdery texture, the lightest swipe of brush will make it go powdery. So I usually only slightly tap the brush on the surface to avoid the powder mess. The blush itself applies smoothly and evenly on the cheeks. It is easy to blend and doesn't apply patchy. The finish is matte so it's great for daily use as it won't look too much. I love the versatility of the shade because it matches all looks. It is the kind of color you can pair with heavy smokey eyes or -simple eye liner only- look. 

The staying power is great. I got 7-8 hour wear before it started to fade gradually. Packaging wise, I wish they'd do more effort especially for the price category. The simple black plastic case looks and feels kinda flimsy and cheap. 

Overall, I am happy with this purchase and will have a look at the other shades available as long as the promo still going on, but I wouldn't say it is a must have.

Have you tried anything from Illamasqua?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment