Thursday 5 May 2016

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

This foundation was everywhere lately, and has been receiving mixed reviews. As a foundation junkie, I just couldn't resist so I put an order from Sephora and chose the shade based on swatches I found online. My review is going to be a bit mixed too on this one though.





Born This Way Foundation is the latest foundation launch from Too Faced. There are a lot of decent  full range swatches online so it was not difficult for me to choose my shade. I opted for Vanilla which is a good match for my complexion and has a yellow undertone ( before I found out that it oxidised -___-, but it was still a good match, just not on point ).

Born This Way foundation is housed in a nice glass bottle with pump spender. The packaging is good, functional and appropriate for the price range. 

This is how they described it on Too Faced's website :


"Born This Way is an oil-free foundation that masterfully diffuses the line between makeup and skin. For coverage so undetectable, you can’t see the makeup and you can’t see imperfections—all that’s left is naturally radiant skin that looks like you were Born This Way."


The foundation has thick liquid consistency. It applies and blends nicely.  It provides medium to full coverage and creates a flawless creamy finish. A lot of people mentioned how the foundation looked matte on their skin. Upon application, it just looks 'creamy' and a bit wet on me though. It sets into a satin finish after setting powder. Another thing, I don't find that it layers well. A little goes a long way with this foundation, because too much of product will make my face looking cakey and mask-like. So I usually apply a thin layer of foundation and blend it using damp beauty blender to achieve a solid medium coverage but still looking natural finish. 

Based on the texture, finish and how it performs, it reminds me a lot of NARS Sheer Glow foundation. But I have to say that Born This Way-despite of the claim to be oil free, doesn't have impressive oil control. My T-zone gets oily within few hours so a constant blot is needed. 

On a good note, Too Faced Born This Way foundation is a good solid foundation with decent coverage and nice finish. It looks great on picture and would suit almost all skin types ( for the exception of extremely oily skin ). The staying power is great too ( I got a solid 8-9 hour with a good setting powder and occasional blotting ). The shade range is wide, from very pale to very deep, so I think Too Faced did a good job on those aspects. 
However, there are some aspects that do not really please me such as ; oxidation and lack of oil control despite of the oil free claim. 

Overall, a good mediocre foundation. It's not bad, but it's not groundbreaking. I am happy to have it in my collection though.

Have you tried this new Born This Way Foundation?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment