Friday 27 May 2016

LORAC Unzipped Palette

Lorac Unzipped Palette was long on my wish list mainly because of the warm rose gold hue which is just my cup of tea. It seems like a good combination of matte and shimmers as well and the swatches online just all look so good and intense. But, my experience with the other much hyped Lorac Pro Palette was not really good, because I felt kind of underwhelmed by it, that's why I always resisted to get my hands on the Unzipped palette. Until recently, I saw it on a local blog sale for only €15. I thought I'd give it a try.



From left-right : Undercover - Unbelievable - Unattainable - Unconditional - Unbridled - Undiscovered - Unreal - Uncensored - Unspoken - Untamed

Undercover + Unconditional + Untamed 

Unspoken + Untamed 

Undercover + Unspoken


Despite of its preloved status, the palette came in a very good condition, it is almost new. The seller mentioned that she only used the palette 2-3 times, so I managed to snatch a very good deal. 

Lorac Unzipped Palette comes in a slim beige - gold cardboard packaging. I have nothing against cardboard packaging but for the original price ( US$42 ), I just think they could have invested more on sturdier case. It got a large built in mirror though, which is nice because when I travel, I don't need to carry extra mirror since the built in mirror is big enough.

The palette consists of 10 eye shadows ; 5 matte and 5 shimmers. It is a warm toned palette which suits my complexion really well. I can't really do cool toned / grayish eye shadows because they tend to wash out my complexion and make it looking ashy. Most of the shadows have no major issues. They all have good pigmentation, apply and blend very well. The shimmery shades are overall better compare to the matte ones. The shimmery ones are incredibly smooth and great in pigmentation whereas some of the matte shades could be a bit patchy. My favorites from this palette are Unbelievable , Unattainable, and Unconditional. I use them a lot on daily basis and the shimmers one are great solo performers, so it's good if you don't have a lot of time to combine some different shades for a look.

Speaking about staying power, I have no issue with the shadows. I don't usually apply primer due to my laziness xD but they stay on pretty well. I'd say they can go to 8 hour mark without primer with no problem, so with primer, they can stay even longer.

Overall, I like this palette better than the Pro palette. The shades are 'less boring' and more flattering for my skin tone. The price is high, but I think the quality justifies it well.

Have you tried Lorac eye shadow?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment