Thursday 14 June 2012

REVLON Lip Butters!!!

Some of you who have been following my blog for longer time might know that I desperately wanted to try the most hyped Revlon Lip butter. Unfortunately I live in Germany where Revlon is no longer available in our drugstore. 
But then my long wait had finally come to an end ( yeah I can be a drama queen sometimes. ) when a friend of mine from Indonesia came to Berlin last few weeks. Revlon is available ( and also very popular ) in Indonesia, and I've read from fellow indonesian bloggers that Revlon lip butters are also available in Indonesia for IDR 75.000,- ( approx. 8-9USD ) knowing this fact, I asked him to buy me some. I googled for swatches and decided these 5 shades I want. 

Now there are already zillion of reviews and swatches out there, still I want you to meet my new babies :









*I'm sorry that my camera doesn't really do the justice to the colour.*

So this is my indepth thought on the lip butter :
First of all, I like the packaging. It looks different than normal Revlon Lipstick, but still looks fun and gives a 'lighter' impression since this claims to be a 'lip butter',  something in between lip balm and lipstick.
The texture is kinda hard to describe. It's too moisturizing as lipstick, but also too pigmented as lipbalm. So I would call this as something in between, so It's true to what Revlon claims.
To the pigmentation, each shade has different pigmentation. But all 5 shades that I picked have great pigmentation. I would say sweet tart is the less and raspberry pie is the most pigmented. I also like that you can definitely build the color, so you can wear it sheer or opaque. I don't know if there are matte shades out there but all 5 that I have, are shimmery.
For some of you who have problem with scented make up product, I must say this lip butters are scented. It's pretty subtle though and the scent doesn't linger, so don't worry.
This lip butter stays on for good 2-3 hours on me.

Overall I think this is a good product for its price. It's nothing really spectacular actually, but still a great invention from Revlon. I have already listed some other shades to get on my summer trip to London. 


Have you tried Revlon lip butter?
Could you pls recommend me which shade I should try?
xx,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment